Skip to main content

Save as much as $506
Select your trim:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

Comfortable ride with issues 22 ProX

David, 05/16/2022
updated 08/16/2022
2022 Nissan Frontier PRO-X 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (3.8L 6cyl 9A)

I've been driving my ProX for 6 months. I absolutely loved it until it completely died one day leaving me stranded in a parking lot all day with multiple error codes and a locked out transmission, engine not starting. 3 days at the dealer and all they did was clear codes and get it running again with no explanation of what happened. That was 3k miles ago and since then I've gotten ABS warning errors and glitchy performance from the infotainment system. Also the passenger door power lock doesn't correctly engage/disengage 100% of the time. Aside from these issues the truck handles well and is super comfortable on long drives. The engine has plenty of power for my needs and gas mileage is quite good for a truck (23 highway 19 around town). Adaptive cruise control works great on a flat freeway but slight grade changes cause the transmission to bump the rpms to ridiculous levels, like 5500rpm! Update 8/13/22: Upon purchase I loved my 2022 ProX. Powerful acceleration, solid handling, a thoughtfully designed and comfortable interior and handsome exterior styling made me feel like I had made the right decision. However, around 15k miles the issues began: glitchy infotainment system intelligent key errors phantom collision Braking a passenger door that properly locked only 50% of the time drivers seat changing position by itself with the car off complete breakdown with the inability to even shift to neutral for towing not once but twice leading to a transmission control module replacement at the dealer Randomly honking horn when going over potholes Engine gunning to 5-6k rpm during cruise control at the slightest incline My partner remarked she didnt feel safe in the car, fearing we would be stranded somewhere if we strayed too far from the city. Yesterday I traded for a Tacoma, even taking a financial loss, however I feel it was worth it to get out from under the Frontier. I am confident the bugs will be worked out by 2023 or 2024 but for the 2022 buyer beware.

2 out of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars

Refined for what it is, and underrated!

AJ, 01/17/2022
2022 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (3.8L 6cyl 9A)

It took me a while to find a PRO-4X being sold without a markup, but I eventually did, and I’m really happy I did! PROS: This is surprisingly quiet and smooth, for what it is. The Nissan seats are really comfortable, I love sitting in them on my way home from work. The adaptive cruise control works really well for highway traffic. It doesn’t leave a lot of unnecessary space between you and the car in front of you. The infotainment system is smooth, responsive, and the Fender audio is solid. CONS: I wish the rear window had a defogger. Steering wheel doesn’t telescope. Fuel economy isn’t great in the city, but it is way better on the highway. I can regularly get over 22 MPG on highway cruising. Some interior parts feel cheap, even on the PRO-4X model. OVERALL: I love my truck so far. For what I paid ($45k), I get a lot of bang for the buck. I think Nissan could’ve done a little more with quality parts on the interior, a rear defogger, and a telescoping wheel, but I absolutely prefer this to any other midsize truck.

Crew Cab SV really nice

Luke, 01/21/2022
2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (3.8L 6cyl 9A)

Very nice compact pickup has great handling for the winding roads of Appalachia, intuitive entertainment system with all the knobs and steering wheel controls, good comfort for the front driver and passenger, the rear seating feels like you're in an extended cab truck so I'm neutral on that, feels like your planted on the road even going 80mph, overall a good truck for the working man with enough features to bring up to date.

2 out of 5 stars

Too many bugs

Bull Dog, 08/04/2022
2022 Nissan Frontier S 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (3.8L 6cyl 9A)

The truck is fun to drive with plenty of power . Rides well the steering is a bit stiff and the transmission shifts kind of weird . But I could deal with all that . However it started having system faults after 3 weeks of owning . Now the truck has been in the shop going on 6 weeks waiting for parts .

9000 Mile Review

Frontier Exploring, 04/15/2022
2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (3.8L 6cyl 9A)

Purchased 2022 Crew Cab SV, with technology and convenience package in November 2021, almost 9000 miles. Perfect blend of everyday driver and off road ability. In rain and snowy twisting country roads no problem. Driving comfort and steering that turns the vehicle as you turn the wheel. Zero gravity seat is very comfortable on long drives, I've gone 8 hours straight in them. Best in class horse power and beefy frame give you a feel of confidence and reliability. This is my 2nd Nissan Frontier the first a 2004, I had for 16 years and 300,000 miles. I bully expect this one to do the same, it just feels right.

12345...7