Used 2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

The Company not the vehicle
By Dan C

2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The company made a smaller truck (which are fairly popular) and made it so it is almost impossible to customize. Can't lower (without spending a fortune)...can't find after market wheels...and let's go on. Was interested in trading...no one will give me anything for it. I only have 5K miles on it (almost new) it is 1 1/2 years old..perfect condition--paid 24K and now no one will give me 14K for a almost new truck..not even the dealership I purchased it from. The story is longer but don't have all day. Had nothing but problems dealing with NISSAN when I purchased it.

So Far So Good.......
By Robin T.

2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab S 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this 2016 4 cylinder frontier with the value package New in may of 2017 in North Carolina i was looking at the Titan but the king cab was not out at the time. The dealership had this 4 cylinder on the lot that had been sitting since last year and no buyers. Nissan offered me 3k in rebates and the dealership gave me a sweet deal for 16.100 plus tax and license fee still came out below 17 grand. In july i moved to New Mexico and drove the frontier all the way no problems on that trip and a great break in. fuel mileage was not the best but still had 19 mpg on the hwy. as of date i have only 4.100 miles on it and getting 19 combine and 23 hwy. only problems i need to take to the dealer for the driver seat broke and air conditioner not blowing ice cold. Other then that I'm very happy with the frontier and would give it a honest thumbs UP...

2016 Frontier 4 wd, SV.
By msrngtp2002

2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a solid, mid size pickup truck. It easily hauls anything a larger truck could. Towing capacity is excellent! I have towed fully loaded 6 x 12 foot U-haul trailers from my main home to my second home (about 650 miles one way) with my current 2016 and my previous 2012 - both the same model. Had no issue going up long grades or keeping up with traffic. The vehicle handles well too - especially in town. Parking is a breeze and it actually fit in my garage! Interior trim is what can be expected with a utility type vehicle. I installed a bed cover and liner and the Weathertech floor mats to protect things. The controls work as expected and are arranged logically. The Bluetooth interface with my phone needs some serious work (it always sends "Im driving" and I can't use the supposedly built in voice to text feature. The cruise control is a little laggy when in hilly terrain, letting the vehicle slow too much at a transition from downhill to uphill. Handling is excellent. I had a 2016 F150 for 4000 miles - could not drive it on the curvy roads in Tennessee and it bounced around quite a bit on the highway. Went back to the Frontier for the handling and utility of the vehicle. I will purchase another when this one wears out.

Basic for every day use 4x4 small crew cab.
By (Poppie) Joe

2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing fancy, but a solid, inexpensive ride. Place the grandboys in the crew cab and have an adventure. Grandboys still enjoy adventures at the beach and park.

A Year Gone By
By T. Roy

2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab S 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After driving this truck for a year I have few complaints. It has been solid, reliable and has done everything I've asked it to do. I had the windows tinted to help a bit with the HVAC and added a trailer connector from etrailers, that was truly just "plug and play." I've only towed a trailer with it once, about 2,000 lbs. However, the truck pulled with a little more effort than usual, but without gasping for air. The truck/trailer combo tracked straight and true.

My only real complaints are still the bluetooth on this model is not capable of playing music, only phone. Though a bluetooth adapter that plugs into the AUX port solved that one. The other issue is a minor tendency for the steering to have a vague on-center feel to it. It tends to want to drift ever so slightly off center when cruising at highway speeds. A check of the alignment both at the dealer and a competent tire shop say it is spot on, and so I have lived with it. It is a minor nuisance only and I still love this basic truck for what it is--unapologetically a truck.

My truck returns a consistent 22-24mpg, with average after 26K miles of 23.1 mpg overall. I tend to do a LOT of highway driving and I usually set the cruise about 5 over the limit and I am normally around 70-75mph. Gas mileage drops about 1mpg if I cruise around 80 for most of the tank.

Would I buy this truck again? Probably, though I'd opt for the V6 next time. If only for the added towing capacity. But, this truck does what it advertises. It is a basic truck with few frills and it hauls stuff when needed and can do some light towing when needed and returns reasonable gas mileage in the bargain. For that and more, I can't complain.