Used 2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Frontier for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Love my Frontier!

dafowler88, 03/27/2013
PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Frontier PRO-4X in Jan '12 for $26,500. It was a slightly used 2011 model with 5700 miles. I couldn't be happier. The only thing I have had to do to it after putting 20k miles on it is change the battery which was replaced under warranty. The gas mileage is my only gripe, but I can live with that as I only have a 5 mile drive to work both ways (average 15.8, mostly city driving). I went with the Frontier over the Tacoma and F150 V6 mostly becuase of value but also because I just think it's a much better looking truck than either of the latter two. The 4-wheel drive system is second to none (Maybe Jeep, I suppose). It has great get-up. UPDATE 3/27/2016: Truck has been wonderful. I have almost 95k miles on it now and I haven't had the first issue with it. I actually just sold it due to the fact that we're having another child and two car seats in the back of this thing is not going to fly. Unfortunate. I absolutely love this truck. Would recommend to anyone. I will miss it dearly.

Great truck

mark383, 08/14/2013
SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 Prerunner and never really liked it. It was way too sensitive to any wind. It took a tight grip on the steering wheel to keep it on the road on a windy day. If it had been windy the day I test drove it, I would never had bought it. The Frontier drives great on windy days and very little wind noise compared to the Tacoma. It rides better, gets better fuel mileage, better transmission and has more power. The only gripe is the interior scratches easily and the turning radius is not as tight as the Tacoma. I went from a truck I hated to a truck I love to drive. That says it all.

First mid-size pickup.

rdpope, 05/17/2011
SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have recently purchased the 2011 4X4 SV crew cab with the long bed. I have been quite impressed with the added safety features, good HP and handeling of this vechile. I traded an 06 Sierra for this vechile, and yes it is a tighter fit for me — 6’3″ 215 lbs–, but it’s not bad. Not sure I would want to ride in the back for very long; but it’s perfect for my 7 and 9 y.o boys. My father ownes a Chevy Colorado; I have say the Nissan far outpaces the Chevy both in interior design, comfort and ride. I looked at both the Frontier and the Tacoma. I just could not justify the higher price of the Tacoma. The Frontier has better HP, more room in the crew cab’s rear seat, and again has more standard sa

Nice ride.

Moe, 11/30/2015
SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Turning radius is horrible. Fuel mileage leaves much to be desired. Could have more ground clearance but a 3" lift is very cheap allowing for 32" tires. That being said those are my only three gripes. Has lots of power for a V6. Warms up fast on cold days. Lots of handy storage compartments. Superior lighting was a must for me since I work at night hence I do a lot of night driving. The headlights are very bright without using high beams. The interior lights are also bright and encompass the entire cab. The rear seats fold down or up allowing for storage space for large objects you don't want in the bed of the truck.

Another Prior Tacoma Owner

mc929, 03/21/2012
SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Crew Cab and feel that the Frontier overall is notably better than the Tacoma. My Tacoma was a six speed manual and the best fuel economy I observed was eighteen. I have consistently got better than nineteen out of the Frontier and have gotten as good as twenty one mpg around town. I think the ride quality on the Nissan is vastly better and the cabin is notably quieter than the Tacoma. I think the power from the Nissan is better as well. However, turning radius as well as ground clearance and approach and departure angles I believe were much better on the Tacoma. Build quality on the Frontier also seems to be top notch. Reliability a non issue.

12345...7