Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

I just got lucky
By Dave R

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is narrow compared to Honda Ridgeline I traded in, moreover it definitely drives more like a full size truck, specifically it’s more rugged, more tourque and performance oriented! I very much like the the simplicity of the truck and it’s user friendly controls and interior.

To soon to know all
By Pancho Garcia

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I think so far this is a very nice truck, everything works as it should and it is enjoyable to drive.

This truck made me a truck lover!
By LoveMyNismo

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Compared to the Toyota Tacoma, which I also test drove, the Frontier has much better power, smoother shifting and more stable suspension - the Tacoma tended to surge when shifting gears, did not have the same power and had a "bucky" suspension (meaning it bucked from side to side). I love my V6 Frontier and have owned it 8 years now without any problems. Would have preferred that they keep the older, less bulky body style, but I do feel safe driving it. Would love to see them bring the hybrid model to the USA, which they have available in other countries. I love the tow capacity of 6,100 lbs. on my model - I have towed a 4,500 lb. travel trailer without any problems. I never thought I would love a truck - have always been a small sedan person (my prior car was a Nissan Altima, which was also an excellent car), but this truck has won me over. I hope to keep it for the next 30 years, but if I ever have to replace it, I am getting another Nissan Frontier NISMO!

Update: I have owned the truck 9 years now and it is still going strong. Have over 85,000 miles on it and still love it! Poor thing could use a little bodywork, as it has taken many trips to Home Depot and off-road and has some scratches and dents, but I STILL get compliments on it all the time!

109K Miles Down, Looking forward to 100K more!
By buldog60

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has been amazing.
I have had no complaints at all.
I feel safe with driving my family around in it.
I do not worry that it won't start or will die on the road.
I got it with 40K miles on it and have never wanted anything else.
I am averaging 20 MPG with mostly hwy driving.
Adding the K&N Air Filter was a great call.
All my friends want one like it, and I highly recommend it to anyone.
I am actually looking at another one as a second vehicle.

Tie Down system in the bed, Tail Gate bed extender, Roof rack, running boards.

Better gas mileage would always be nice.

New truck owner
By gopackers3

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first truck that I have owned and so far it is providing exactly what I needed. Of course there is always the truck envy when something bigger or with four wheel drive pulls up alongside, but all I need to do is remember why I bought it. My need is 80% commute and 20% hauling and this fits that need exactly. My used XE had the upgrades (i.e. power windows, door, etc. along with A/C, towing package, bed liner and tonneau cover), so I am not missing much. Time will tell whether the Nissan brand holds up as my family loyalty is in Toyota and Honda.

Excellent seats and overall fit and finish. All of the reviews fell short on the plastic feel of the interior, but you need to remember this is a truck and the interior design I think is really pretty good. For a mid-size pickup, the exterior features used from the tundra make this truck look just a tough as any full size.

A couple of more inches to the back seating in order to make the bench seat actually usable.