Used 2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great vehicle
By bobincinti

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned this vehicle since the beginning. Currently it has about 210,000 miles on it and it it no longer my daily driver. I primarily use it for yard work, mulch, etc. I have had some problems with the vehicle but that had to do with a wreck and not a manufacturer issue. When I did have a problem (this year had a rear axle problem), the dealer and Nissan worked with me to fix it at no cost to me and even provided a me a loaner vehicle for over a month. Overall the vehicle has been a good truck. Every vehicle will have issues (supercharger) and I have owned practically every brand out there. This is one brand that I would do again.

transmission from h____
By kaki johnson

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is on a 2007 model. Site will not let me change the 2001 mistake. If you want a hole in your head and wallet, buy this vehicle. Nissan has known about these leaks into the transmission, and for most people, the problems do not normally start until over 90,000 miles, and then there is no help from the dealer/company. These CEO's should be sent to prison for knowing refusing to call a recall, and settlement in 2012 suit is a joke for most consumers. Shame on Nissan. I will never buy a Nissan ever again.

Been an outstanding truck
By Dg

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

First off I don't write reviews, but i thought I would make an exception. I bought my 2001 ad crew cab used in 2003 with about 30k on the clock. I have it a 3 inch lift and a few other mods, fast forward to 2015 and I still have the truck, 190k now and it still gets compliments and it still runs great. I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere, in fact I still use it to go on road trips across multiple states some times towing a travel trailer, it has held up well. I thought I would write this review because I've seen people say "I'll never buy a Nissan again" "my toyota never had problems" and that may be true, however I also have a 1990 hardbody that I bought used in 97 and it now is approaching the 300k Mark and other than 2 clutches and a timing chain, it's still running great, and i also have two very good friends who both have toyotas, both with 22re and both didn't make it very far past 145k before a rebuild was in order, now I'm not digging toyota, I believe they make good vehicles, and quite honestly ,that's what I originally wanted to buy, but I am far happier with my nissans. They have been super reliable, you will usually see the reviews of people who think they have been wronged somehow, and things do happen, but I have owned 4 kids and and they are very reliable. Love my frontier, it's been my daily driver for 12 years,and just now the leather seat is starting to wear out, supercharger is still original. It does not leak or burn anything, the gas mileage would be my only complaint. I average 15mpg but I also have larger tires...can't say enough good things about the truck

one issue after another
By dakota

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Well to begin with I bought this truck to replace my Toyota tacoma which got totaled out,had 85,000 miles on it when purchased and like a timer when it hit 100,000 miles everything has started falling apart, First off the tie rod went out which costs $300.00 next thing to go was the common knock sensor $600.00 which nissian ignores right after that the then the wheel bearing went and now its currently sitting in my driveway because the check engine light came on and it started missing like crazy and it now needs a $300.00 oxygen sensor which is absolutely outrageous. my toyota had 145,000 with just a power steering pump go out because it had 33inch tires on it will never own another nissian.

6 disc changer

fix the knock sensor issues and back the customers up a little bit.

Great truck
By nd

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I've had the truck for a couple of years now and have had a few issues with it but all in all has been a good truck. I have put more than my fair share of abuse on it such as offroading and heavy towing and it's done allright. Haven't had any real Major problems. Another suggested improvement is the front bumper is very flimsy I've had to replace it twice from offroading in snow.

I really like the six disc changer.

To start with it is almost impossible to do any basic engine work on it, such as the new knock sensor it needs is a $120 part that will cost $580 to get installed. Another complaint is gas mileage is 12.5 with a 31in tire on it which isn't that big of a step up from stock.