Used 2017 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Armada for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Still Very happy

AnyS, 02/03/2018
Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Don't always believe the "professional" reviews, especially with this vehicle. Read the actual experience of the owners, much more realistic and reflect actual experiences. I love my new Platinum, size, ride, technology, quality are all great. Yes, there is a fuel penalty having a 390hp power plant but that is really the least expensive part of ownership and a trade off I am willing to accept to get the towing capacity. Take one for a test drive if you are looking in this class, well worth it. Update one year into ownership: zero problems, wonderful reliability and a joy to drive. I recently drove a friends 2018 Yukon Denali.. realized I liked my Armada better even though the GMC had more tricks, especially with electronics. Not an issue for me though, I am perfectly happy with my purchase. Year two of ownership and I am still very happy with the purchase. Reading some reviews that complain about the steering I laugh as it is a tad sensitive but hardly a bad thing. Reliability continues to be stellar and overall an extremely versatile vehicle. I would definitely recommend and would definitely buy again. Gas mileage is 17.1 mpg overall average as calculated by on board computer. Summer 2020, just passed 50k miles and not one repair needed. OEM tires have another 10k and will need replacement, probably new brake pads shortly after. Reliability has been stellar and I continue to love driving this beast! Update Feb 2021, replaced OEM tires even though they had a bit more tread just not enough for the winter weather here. Not a single maintenance issue so far with current mileage at 55k. Rear brakes will be replaced next oil change.

5 out of 5 stars

Passed 70,000 miles in 18 months.

Mark Proffitt, 09/09/2018
SL 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

70,000+ miles and not one squeak or rattle and never been back to the dealer for any repairs, adjustments or repairs. A real workhorse. UPDATE: Have owned 2 years now. Just this week replaced the battery and got a front brake job.

The Incredible Beast

Asad, 01/24/2018
Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased my used 2017 Platinum edition with only 14,000 miles. This is by far the best SUV in its class when it comes to power, reliability, handling, safety features and overall value. Strengths - Smooth acceleration, very powerful V8, 390 HP, nice safety feature with adoptive cruise control, 360 degree view to help you park easily into the parking spots, heated and cooling front seats, and great entertainment system (comes with two screens embedded in the back of the driver and passenger seats with option to run them separately with an adopter). Opportunity: Fuel economy could be a bit better but they it is in the acceptable range of other SUVs. Overall, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this vehicle and every where I go I get nothing but compliments especially from the guys.

5 out of 5 stars

It makes car owner experience great again

LH in Pensacola, 11/19/2016
Platinum 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this SUV in Oct 2016, and it's too new to give an accurate review. So far, it's a great full size SUV. My wife loves it (technically, it's hers). I took it back to the dealer a few days later for the wheel alignment because the steering wheel was off center. The dealer didn't have the wheel specs on 2017 model, but the Technician was able to use the 2016 Infinity QX80 specs to align the wheels. It has plenty of power and drinks lots of gas, but it has very nice safety features for the platinum package. I live in Pensacola, FL, but I bought the SUV in Mobile AL. We wanted to buy it locally, but the Nissan Dealership in Pensacola swapped the 2nd row captain seats to the bench seat after we agreed on the price. Good thing, I asked to see the SUV before I was going to sign the final paperwork. I went Mobile and got everything I wanted in the vehicle w/ the captain seats for $1300 less.

Great looking SUV, questionable quality

J Leon, 04/24/2017
Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I evaluated a Yukon Denali and couldn't justify the 14K extra that was going to cost. I have bought GM products in the past and have not been pleased with the fit and finish, trim pieces falling off, leaks, electronics that stop working, etc. I am towing a trailer so need maximum towing capacity, so Armada seemed like the right choice. I liked the look and interior of the Armada. After having driven for a while there has been some issues. The interior lighting had a broken ground wire, the radio keep rebooting itself, the transmission kept losing power under acceleration. The last two required a software update from the dealer so remains to be seen whether I will encounter the issue again. The dealer has been good, but a car that is nearly $60K should not have issues like this.

2 out of 5 stars