2017 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Not worth the money
By S.L.

2017 Nissan Armada Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this vehicle because as a previous Nissan owner I had a high confidence level in quality and performance. The 2017 Nissan armada platinum has been a disappointment. In just at a year of ownership the battery has had to be replaced, the key fob batteries have been replaced and still give me issues on opening the vehicle and using g for ignition, the engine has had to be re programmed the transmission had issues with pulling while shifting hears so it had to be re programmed the USB ports encasement was not properly built in the abs system has been replaced and now the ADAS system has been replaced. In all honesty the vehicle has been seen for the same issue (while driving I get. Amessage with all icons on. The dash board lit that I need to pull over stop and turn off the vehicle and restart it. Only to find the vehicle will not re start) this issue is still exists y and no one knows how to fix it because they can't re-create the issue. Nissan of San Marcos has been no help and Nissan One has been even worse at at least trying to find a resolution. I highly recommend if you are considering an armada I urge you. RECONSIDER!!!

A $50K SUV that only works on clear sunny days
By Robert Chaves

2017 Nissan Armada Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Let me say I really wanted to like this car. I had high hopes for it. I traded a Chevy Tahoe for my 2017 Amada Platinum 4WD and I initially loved it untill it rained and snowed. The problem is that the car has a ton of electronic safety features but they are too sensitive so when it rains heavily or when it snows and you get a small snow flake on your bumper, the front bumper sonar report a "front radar obstruction" issue which the car interprets as you being close to crashing with something so you get uncontrollable beeping that can only be stopped by turning off the sonar from the central console. One additional quirk is that every time this happens, all your radio presents for FM 2 or XM 2 & 3 (there are three sets of presets) will be lost for 24 hours. After roughly 24 hours, the presents often (not always) come back. I've taken the car into service twice for this and brought them video (I've filmed the driver's console during a rain storm showing it showing the "front radar obstruction" error during a rain storm) and the dealer has returned it both times stating it is working as expected. Thus, this is a $50K car that apparently was manufactured to work only in clear sunny days.

Very happy
By AnyS

2017 Nissan Armada Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Don't always believe the "professional" reviews, especially with this vehicle. Read the actual experience of the owners, much more realistic and reflect actual experiences. I love my new Platinum, size, ride, technology, quality are all great. Yes, there is a fuel penalty having a 390hp power plant but that is really the least expensive part of ownership and a trade off I am willing to accept to get the towing capacity. Take one for a test drive if you are looking in this class, well worth it.

The Incredible Beast
By Asad

2017 Nissan Armada Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased my used 2017 Platinum edition with only 14,000 miles. This is by far the best SUV in its class when it comes to power, reliability, handling, safety features and overall value. Strengths - Smooth acceleration, very powerful V8, 390 HP, nice safety feature with adoptive cruise control, 360 degree view to help you park easily into the parking spots, heated and cooling front seats, and great entertainment system (comes with two screens embedded in the back of the driver and passenger seats with option to run them separately with an adopter). Opportunity: Fuel economy could be a bit better but they it is in the acceptable range of other SUVs. Overall, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this vehicle and every where I go I get nothing but compliments especially from the guys.

2017 Armada SL
By Big Ed

2017 Nissan Armada SL 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Looked extensively at all the options. Less money than Chevy, GMC and Ford for the same type/options. Hard to see why the GM stuff is so much more. (For the record owned 8 new GM vehicles.) Compared against the old Ford, in short no comparison ( I have owned 5 new Ford vehicles). Quite good tow vehicle (very important to me). Very good room in the second row. IMPORTANT driver seat "sits" high (does go down enough for tall drivers, >6') this is one thing I live with. V8 has a more pleasant sound than the GM products and is very responsive. GM products do shift slightly smoother. The "bones" of this truck (sold over seas as the Nissan Petrol) is much more off road focused than either the GM or new Ford products. Please consider comparing to the Infiniti version (Q80) much the same vehicle. Suggest "Googling" Nissan Petrol to read overseas reviews.