Used 2016 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Confident and Comfortable
By Howard Mostyn-Brown

2016 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really like my Altima. I will say the interior was downgraded from the 2014 year model. Had wood like trim that has been replaced with black and silver appearance. Beyond that I love the comfort. Seats are great. We took a 2000 mile trip and never felt uncomfortable. Gas mileage is terrific. On the highways close to 40 mpg. My lease is almost up and I plan on getting another Altima.

CVT
By Jerry

2016 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

CVT stopped pulling at 62095 miles. Factory warranty stops at 60000. Many of these transmissions have gone out. Why after a decade of Nissan CVT's are these not more reliable? overall car is okay. Transmissions make me rethink purchasing another in the future.

Picked Up a 2016 SV 2.5 in March 2018
By HarveyWB

2016 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We picked up a lightly used 2016 (3,000 miles) on 3/4/2018 for $17,180 including Nissan Platinum and GAP Insurance (they stuck it to us a bit on those two). I would have liked to get the 3.5, but this is a commuter for my wife, 52 miles a day. Our 2008 Durango was killing us at 12 MPG, but this is great at 26 to 30 MPG, essentially cutting our gas bill in half or better. Plus I get the Durango back, which has 10 months an 6,500 miles left on it's warranty. I only do about 250 - 300 miles with it a month, so we're running 2 cars with a gas bill smaller than before. We have 30,500 miles and 24 months left on the Altima's Bumper to Bumper Warranty and 72 months and 94,500 miles left on the powertrain warranty, so I'm comfortable with "Reliability". Thinking about selling the Durango in the Fall with 4 months/4,000 miles left on the warranty and picking up an SR or an SL 3.5 for myself.

Not how a new car should treat you.
By Tyler B

2016 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SR 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This was our first new Nissan. I've dabbled in older models with no real issues. However this has been a pretty unpleasant experience. On the surface the SR model is nice, what it lacks in the driver assists and tech it makes up for in fairly striking appearance with the SR package. Blue accented interior, paddle shifters, 18in wheels. Its a nice looking car. However the 2.5 and more importantly the CVT trans are slugs. And worse than that, within 10k miles the MAF sensor went out. And as i write this review at 28k the transmission has failed completely. Please be mindful about buying these new Nissans, we have a 2015 Mazda 3 and that is a solid well made car. Probably getting a CX5 next!

Driving an Altima
By Goldenboy

2016 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the sixth Altima I have owned in the last few years. They are great cars to drive. Very sporty and lots of technology.