2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV Consumer Reviews

$22,595

Save as much as $2,645
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

It even has a spare tire!

Zac Minneapolis, 11/24/2020
2.0 BE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After an exhaustive search, I selected a 2020 Outlander Sport Black Edition 2.0 as the best vehicle to meet my needs. My search was guided by these non-negotiables: A spare tire A premium stereo with a subwoofer Minimal or no center console Comfortable driver seat No sharp edges on driver’s door or center console One might think these features are easy to find but they are most definitely not! I am replacing a 2015 Honda FIt EX which I discovered has the most god-awful uncomfortable driver seat on the planet. The seat is numbingly cruel on long drives. Additionally, the hard plastic edges on the console and driver’s interior door panel conspire to create discomfort. It’s basically an iron maiden on wheels. Swearing off Hondas, my research for all my non-negotiables was frustrated. The Toyota RAV4 came closest, but the premium JBL stereo was repeatedly slagged by users as cheap and underpowered. I was inspired to check out Mitsubishi because my spouse’s 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse is reliable and has an impressive Rockford Fosgate stereo. I discovered the full size Outlander had a very modest center console and enough space for my legs. Unfortunately, the newer models forgo a spare tire; a deal breaker. Moving down to the Outlander Sport, I found everything on my list in the Black Edition 2.0. I decided to purchase a 2020 since it appears the 2021 model year will no longer offer the Rockford Fosgate stereo in any trim level. Count me among the other consumer reviewers who are baffled at the hate grenades lobbed into Mitsubishi’s foxhole. The Edmunds reviewer throws about bludgeoning descriptors such as underpowered, unrefined, aggravating, rough, cheap, jumpy, skittish, harsh, floaty, noisy, lacking, and subpar. The reviewer intimates that if you somehow still decide to purchase the Outlander Sport after this over-the-top beatdown you cannot possibly have fun driving it unless you have an overactive imagination and your discernment for driving is overruled by your pricing requirements. T he reviewer’s assessment is loaded with unwarranted hyperbole. Speaking as one who finds many cars over-engineered, I find the Outlander Sport to be refreshingly intuitive and reliable. I do concur with the Edumunds reviewer on the following: The Outlander Sport offers the basics as a compact SUV: Well-equipped for the price Excellent warranty coverage Appealing ergonomics Easy to operate, with clearly marked controls and an easy-to-read instrument panel Large door openings to the front seats Easy to learn connectivity that is simple to set up Acceptable cargo utility, the load floor is flat and expansive, and the tall roofline makes loading easy Dated but sturdy No-nonsense Dependable If you discern these latter descriptors sound like what you would imagine a great SUV to be, do yourself a favor and check out the Outlander Sport. You can use the money you’ll save purchasing the Outlander Sport doing something fun other than driving.

It's a good mitsu not made in the USA.

Roosevelt, 11/19/2020
2.0 SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

MADE IN JAPAN. All that needs to be said.

It’s ok

MT , 01/23/2020
2.0 ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Test drove the base model. Nice LED lights, power interior, back up camera, scotch guard fabric, alloy wheels with locks. Great leg room in rear, 60/40 split seats do not recline though.

Ad