Used 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Mirage for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Absoultely nothing wrong with this car

Greg, 07/09/2019
ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

One can get a lower delivered price versus MSRP than probably any 4-door hatchback car sold in the U.S. with few exceptions. Better mpg than Spark, Versa, Fiesta and Fit. Lower "real" price than Spark, Versa, Fiesta and Fit. More cargo space than all competitors except Fit. More usability than the 3-door Fiat 500. With the standard wheels, it has a tighter turning radius than the competitors; better warranty than the competitors. Better still, you can find a heck of a deal on a one or two year old Mirage and still have a very generous warranty and the best mpg of the entire bunch. The only car I've found that competes on price 1-3 years old is the Fiat 500, but it's only a 3-door and has many more issues for driving dynamics, as I own one. The negotiated lower price is one huge feature missing from professional reviewers' analysis of this car versus the competition. This consideration is absolutely analyzed in most consumer reviews, which explains the huge discrepancy. I test drove a 2018 CVT ES model and could find nothing wrong with this car in any area for driving a car for transformational purposes. Accelerating normal results in normal acceleration with no fuss or much noise. Handling was fine; suspension was fine; seat comfort is/was exemplary; far superior to my F150 and Fiat 500; 14" wheels results in very agile and quick maneuvers in the city and going up to speeds of 65 or below was completely without notice good or bad, which is what one would want and actually prefer in a basic city car. Other cars may be better at this or that or have more appealing appearance, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with this car driving it around that I could find whatsoever, and I drive many late model vehicles. I test drove a 2018 Mirage with 20K on the odometer from a dealer. They were asking $10K. They showed me a picture of my preferred 5-speed 2019 (used) with 6 miles on the odometer for $11.7K. How in the world can reviewers be telling us this car is a bad choice except for it's depreciation? If you want a car to drive to 100,00-200,000 miles over 6-12 years that is completely fine and gets good mpg, this is your car.

Great Little Car

lee, 06/11/2019
ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

Love the Mirage, It's no race car but with the 5 speed it will get up to freeway speeds pretty quick. I drive twice weekly from Central Wa. to Seattle over Snoqualmie Pass all year round and I avg 40+ Mpg. It Drives excellent year round in the hot summer to the Crazy Snow with no problems. I do put snow tires on in the winter. Would recommend this little beast over any hybrid out there. Almost the same MPG. 1/3 to 1/2 the price and no battery dying after 80,000 miles.

MIRAGE IS A GREAT CAR!

Sandra, 04/08/2019
ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I love love love this car. Listen, I'm not climbing mountains in the car, what do I really need? Great gas mileage! Comfortable and so easy to handle. I've been thru winter with my vehicle and NO problems.

The 'experts' are Wrong

WJ, 11/19/2019
ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

After 39,000 miles on a 2018 five speed purchased new for $9985 in autumn of 2017, I can assure any prospective buyer that the interior noise is not "shocking" as the above reviewer claimed, nor does the car wander around the road at highway speeds, nor are all the other negatives by which the so called 'experts' denigrate this car correct. I'm not sure what they expect but I traded a Prius C for this car and by most measures they feel equivalent-except that the MIrage costs $10,000 less. It is fast enough for all legal speeds, comfortable for 2 people, handles everyday driving perfectly well and averages 43-50mpg depending on outside temperature and type of driving. In all around driving I average 47mpg. It has been totally reliable mechanically and I changed the original Dunlop tires ( which wear out too quickly) at 25,000 miles with an economy brand costing only $34 dollars per tire. My only 'problem' in 3 years has been a rattling heat shield that was easily corrected.The 3 cylinder engine has been around in one form or another for decades and is smooth throughout the RPM range. The manual gearbox is 'notchy' at first but smooths out by about 3,000 miles. A Mirage is not the fastest, smoothest, most powerful car on the road but it is not supposed to be! Rather it is a good, reliable car with a lot of standard features at a fantastic price. Go test drive this for yourself- If it is not to your tastes, fine, but do Not be discouraged by the expert reviews. The people who actually Own this car love it. If something on this car does fail, the 100,000/10 year warranty is the best in the business. I do Not work for Mitsubishi nor know anyone who does.

little car with a lot to offier

souljak, 01/03/2020
LE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

Don't believe the negative "pro" reviews. Let me say that first. This car does all it needs to do. For the price in 2020 on a brand new car---it is a solid choice. The only reason I would say to avoid it would be the harsh resale value. These cars have terrible resale values, but they ain't the only ones out there. The power is fine---as long as you aren't expecting a race car. It is just loud getting up to speed. I drive a 19 Mirage hatch LE trim on 85 going towards Charlotte and it is fine. The winds push it a little bit but seeing as how the car weighs about 2,100 lbs, it ain't gonna blow away. Seats are very comfortable and the front ones have heat---they fire up very quickly. This car has apple carplay and it is a great feature. Voice activated commands for calling somone or simply say "play Elvis" and it all works. I am in the mid 30's all the time in the city and 45 on the highway.