Used 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Mirage for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Love my silver bullet

KECIA TODD , 04/05/2018
SE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

2nd **UPDATE))** I have owned my car for almost 3yrs now and I still love it. Great on gas and ample room inside. Hard plastic inside is starting to show some wear (but not much). ** UPDATE ** I have had my car for 10 months. I now get up to 58mpg on calm days and driving on the highway at 65mph. Everything else is the same. Bad camera and lack of nooks to place items. Other then that it is wonderful. I purchased my Mitsubishi Mirage in December 2017. I have already put 3600 miles on the car driving back-and-forth to the grandkids house. It has enough horsepower to keep up with other cars on the road and to pass when necessary. The interior of the car has ample space in the front seat and even seems larger then some full-size cars. I can park in tight parking spots and turn on a dime. I only have two issues with this car, one is there are no little pockets to put things in and the back up camera is not as clear as it should be. All in all I love this car and I think it’s fun to drive. If you’re looking for a small car with excellent gas mileage (41 highway 39 city) this car is for you.

Best Value

Jake, 02/19/2018
ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

Bought a 2018 Mirage ES 5 speed in November of 2017 for $9988 plus tax/license. After 44,200 miles I consider it the best small car on the road for these reasons: The 3 cylinder engine has been around for decades and is both refined and powerful for its size. The car accelerates slowly but easily keeps up with legal traffic and can hold 65mph on the highway with two adults at 3400 rpm, which is about half throttle. (Engine red line is 6,500rpm.) The interior is spacious and comfortable and the ride is surprisingly smooth. Handling is nimble and secure at normal speeds and interior noise is low to moderate. The car has bluetooth/USB and touchscreen controls, although I mostly use the manual controls and just listen to the radio using the steering wheel mounted buttons. It has power locks/windows and numerous airbags, and even a backup camera, which seems a little unnecessary to me. Cold weather, carrying extra weight, stop and go driving and air conditioning use in summer will lower the mileage by 2-3 mpg, but in all around driving in a hilly part of the nation I have averaged 46.5 mpg and can get 50mpg if its flat or I'm more careful. This is phenomenal for a non hybrid car. My wife had a 2012 Prius C and the Mirage has a similar 'feel' and fuel efficiency for $10,000 less. My only complaints-and these are minor-is that the manual transmission felt 'notchy' at first and required practice and about 3,000miles to break in smoothly. (The gear ratios, however, are perfectly spaced for the engine and allow the car to cruise most roads at under 3,000rpm. The little engine is Not straining as one would expect, rather has a smooth, surprisingly torquey power band.) Another minor flaw is that the windows tend to fog up in winter unless the fan is on. I just replaced the original Dunlop tires (which wore out at 24,000miles) and cheap Federal tires ( $40 each, which wore out at 20,000) with Kumho tires for $59 each. The car has developed a small muffler/heat shield rattle when idling that is apparently a broken baffle inside the muffler. The dealer told me it likely would be replaced under warranty, but because they are 1 1/2 hours away and the minor noise disappears over 1500 rpm it is not worth the bother. At 35,000 miles I had to replace the front brakes and rotors because they had rusted excessively and would not pass state inspection. There is a lot of winter salt on the roads around here so that may have contributed to the rust. I have changed the synthetic oil every 6,000 miles and changed the air filters at 30,000 miles and the windshield wipers one time. That's it. Everything else is original and working well.The car has a 10 year/100,000 mile power train warranty and 7 year rust through protection with 5 year roadside assistance. It is solid all around transportation that is fun to drive-not in a Mazda Miata way- rather in a perky small car easy to maneuver way. My advice is to ignore the 'experts' and test drive the car! It is not the smoothest, fastest, quietest, biggest, best handing car on the road but it is Not! supposed to be- It is good,economical all around transportation... That's its purpose. For the price of a used car like a Honda Fit you will have a great little car with a fantastic warranty. So, as of March 2021 I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

My cute little "MITSY"

Bonnie, 06/04/2019
ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

The gas mileage is CRAZY GOOD!!! It handles so smooth on the road. If you drive fast as I do, it will surprise you. Don't underestimate it's ability to keep up with other large cars on the road. I purchased a base model thinking that it would not have the bells and whistles but once again I was wrong. But It just looks so good sitting in the parking lot. I am so happy..my birthday gift to myself.