Used 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Used Mirage for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

I dont understand the bad reviews

db1980, 05/01/2014
ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

Seems like car reviewers focus on how horrible the car is. Depends on what you are looking for. I hate the big bloated heavy cars everyone seems to love. I wanted a warranty, cheap to buy and cheap to drive. Car scores huge on all points there. It also has nice features for the price. I reccomend the ES manual with no extra options. CVT is for the lazy, and it adds a lot to the price of the car. It has a growly engine sound (I find this a positive not a negative). Handling can be improved greatly by adding a $200 rear sway bar. Styling is so so. Interior is hard plastic but seems like there is very little to break. It is designed to be practical and durable. No defects so far

2014 Mirage ES CVT - Gets better with age!

dparris99, 01/05/2014
ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

Mirage ES w/ CVT automatic, and Navigation. Excellent car, 62975 miles to date. Fuel economy- I average 44 to 52 MPG summer, 38 to 44 winter, mixed city / highway driving. In summer I've gotten over 60 MPG on longer trips at a steady 55 MPH, 72 MPG at steady 45 NPH. When new, MPG improves gradually as the car gets more miles on it, until 40K then stays the about the same. Ride, handling, and braking also improve gradually with use; German cars I've owned were like that. Great in snow, even without switching to winter tires. 6" is deepest snow driven in so far. On glare ice the electronic traction controls are impressive. Maintenance / Repairs - in 3 years I've had to replace one headlight bulb ($9.00). Though not necessary, I also changed fluid in the CVT transmission, installed iridium tip spark plugs, and added a K&N air filter element (clean/re-use type). In sub-zero degree weather the car cranked slowly so the 3rd year in fall I replaced the battery with a more powerful one (500 CCA). Replaced front brake rotors and pads at 62K miles, did myself, quick and easy, parts were $145.00 from NAPA Auto Parts. Other than that, just wash, wax, vacuum the interior, rotate & balance tires, change oil & filter every 10K miles. Seats are very comfy even on long trips (e.g Madison WI, to St. Loius, MO and back, in one day) though at 50K miles I noticed padding on drivers seat cushion is less supportive than it had been. In general the interior is comfortable, and well laid out, Controls are sensibly located, intuitive, and I'm 5' 10" and 160 lb. yet it is easy for me to enter / exit the car, has plenty of headroom, shoulder room, and legroom. Seat base is height adjustable, very helpful. Great for parallel parking - small, short turning radius, and it has a backup camera. The tires show moderate wear at 63K miles and seem to have better traction than when new. I highly recommend this car, new or used, and you can get a nice used one at a great price if you shop online. That is because resale value isn't great, which may change as word gets around that these are great little cars, but until that that happens I'd say don't buy a new one if you don't plan to keep it for at least 5 years.

Love my Mirage

kdcka1, 12/27/2013
ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I was attracted to this car because of the low purchase price and low fuel costs - I get up to 48 MPG ! I think it is adorable and fun to drive. It is liberating to not feel the money flying out of your pockets every time you go somewhere. I previously drove a Jeep and got about 15 MPG. It is full of standard features and does not feel like a cheap car at all. My Jeep was a 2005 loaded limited edition - and I do not feel deprived at all making the change. Great bargain, reliable, and feels like you spent more than you did. Great size to sneak into small parking spaces.

Best buy in it's class

mbranton, 12/23/2014
ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I purchased this car a couple of months ago and use it every day for commuting. It is not noisy, it is not sluggish, and the interior appointments are well laid out and the ride is comfortable. I have gotten 40+ mpg no matter if I drive conservatively or the way I am used to, by "feeling" when to shift and accelerate. I love all the standard features such as keyless entry, Bluetooth, USB input, cruise control, automatic climate control, traction control, antilock breaks, electronic stability control, tire pressure management system, and despite what the "critics" say you cannot buy a car with all this for less money from any other brand, period. I know, I did my research for quite some time

My Little Weatherproof Motorcycle

tinycarguy, 03/31/2014
DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I love this car! It gives me everything I need: a roof, an engine, and wheels. You will be hard pressed to find a less expensive new car, and even harder pressed to find one with this kind of gas mileage. I, too came from a Nissan Versa, and while that was cheaper, it didn't get anywhere near this mileage. I'm able to get it up to 56 mpg if I drive it right, and that's on the hilly back roads of NH. If you want to punch it ;) , you can still average around 30ish. The interior is larger than the Spark and Fiesta, power windows and locks are standard, and it's been a pleasure to own so far. For the economically minded, this car can't be beat.

12345...7