Used 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

I never thought I'd love a Mitsubishi
By Dustin

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2011 GTS for almost 3 years and it has held up pretty well. ive got 76,000 miles on it and I drive it on a road course race track every once in a while and I can tell the control arms and suspension is starting the wear. But I'm sure I drive it harder then most while on the track. The car has good power and handles pretty damn well. I wax my car 2 times a month. Paint might be a bit cheap but just keep it waxed. I really do love my car. Looks great. Bluetooth and interior great. road noise is probably to only bad thing

Four Season Sports Car
By Craig Stiwald

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Like the title says the Ralliart is a four season sports car. Take the summer tires and wheels off and replace them with a set of winter tires and wheels and you are ready for winter. The car is a "Evo-lite"

Pros and Cons
By jacks74

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This was my first brand new car. A couple months into purchasing it, I had an issue starting it. I took it in and they said that it was a computer glitch with my line of car and that they couldn't fix and to press on the gas to start it when it happens. Currently battling the dealership with that but looking at others comments, it seems it'll likely always do this. Other than that I love it. I would be more satisfied if the dealership could fix the starting issue. I wish I would have purchased it used because the used price of the car would definitely be worth it.

Steering controls, seats, the amount of room

Can be noisy if you hear it running from outside the car, lurches forward when switching from reverse to drive occasionally

CVT will be an issue.
By tourqemada

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

About 30k on the 2011 Lancer now, the CVT tranny is noisy and jerky when cold, like it is slipping and catching. The power steering is making an unpleasant noise now as well. The headliner makes a buzzing noise when the road is smooth, worse when there are bumps in the road.
We have noticed from A-holes in parking lots that there are no protective side moldings on the doors so we have a couple nasty dings in them now. There is a huge delay when operating the HVAC controls, dangerous when you are trying to clear the fog from the windshield. We have found that there are times when the car turns over but does not start right away, takes a few tries. Our last 2001 Lancer was better imo.

Gas sipper, handles corners like Godzilla handles Tokyo, top speed higher than I can find a road to stretch it out on. Looks like its psst off, super mean body lines.

Body side moldings, fix tranny shudder when cold.

Loved at first...
By carbuyer345

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2011 Lancer in 2012,and it now has 13,000 miles on it. I loved the car at first..The CVT takes some time to get used to, makes some interesting noises and lacks the power I would have liked. 3 months after getting the car, I started having issues with the car not starting. It would try and turn over and after about 3 tries, it finally would start..barely. I took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't help since it wouldn't do it while there. Around the same time as the starting issues happened, the car started to make a creaking noise when turning into parking spaces, streets, etc. Took it to the dealership and they told me the same thing. I am looking for a new car.

Technology features, can't lock keys in car, bluetooth, satellite radio.