Used 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Lancer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

Check insurance price before you buy

Tony, 07/29/2010
ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this car for my 16 year old son thinking it would be a nice car for him to drive back and forth to school. The car looks and drives wonderful, plenty of power and great gas mileage. Our shock was when we went to get it covered with our local insurance agent. The price was outrageous! I now see on the internet, it is right at the top of the list for most expensive cars to insure. Don't make the same mistake we did; Check with your insurance agent first!

Best car I have ever owned

jgskains, 08/29/2011
GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Although the it didn't have the horsepower I was looking for, it more than made up for it in every other aspect. It was more comfortable than other cars in its class. It was quick, fun, and handled like a dream. It never gave me any trouble and aside from the color I got stuck with I had no regrets. I don't recommend the automatic transmission I read lots of complaints about a lack of power. But my 5 speed had plenty of power. In the end it proved itself to be extremely safe. After hitting a retaining wall and rolling mine 3 times I walked away with out injury. I love this car and I will miss this car. Eventually I will come back to this car.

Fun for Teen

Hadeswolf, 09/10/2008
GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had the GTS CVT for over half a year now, and I have to say, this car is extremely fun to drive. I paid a tad too much for this car, but it was worth every single penny. This car is great, looks aggressive, perfect for those teenage drivers like myself. Although I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the engine power, it's a blast to drive. The 152 hp engine could be a little better, certainly the 09 GTS with the 2.4 L 168 hp engine will be much faster. The fuel economy is rather good on this car. I get about on average 21 to 22 MPG. But for me this is hard to obtain because as a teenage driver, accelerating slowly doesn't give me a rush of adrenaline.

Just to let you know about some issues...

fdlbym, 09/16/2011
ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

In a nut shell, if you're not impressed with the exterior design, just don't spent time looking at this one. Mileage is okay but not the best (low thirties on highway). Handling is good for its class but you can find other cars handles as good if not better (Mazda3). Leg room in second row is one of the best but is it that important? When it comes to shortfalls the list is longer; Engine noise is something to pay attention. Interior plastics are not better than what you would find on vacuum cleaner (similar to previous generation US cars). Together with weak engine, CVT makes you feel dead.

Great value for money, best kept secret!

geobraun, 01/25/2008
GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has to be the best kept secret in america. I bought the GTS with manual trans. This car has the looks and prestige of an Acura TL for many many thousands less, 650 watt stereo, 30 gig hard drive to store cds, navigation that is able to play DVDs! This is my third Mitsubishi vehicle, one of which I retired after 328,000 miles!

12345...21