Used 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible Consumer Reviews

Used Eclipse Spyder for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

One powerfull Spyder

#1Spyder, 09/27/2009
GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Mitsubishi - a 2001 eclipse spyder convertible and I couldn't ask for a nicer ride, with lots of power. I have done a few upgrades and wow!, this v6 kicks but, but you gotta do a couple of things to wake the motor up. My ride has about 300 foot pounds of torque. This car is like a dream to drive anywhere. With a sound system upgrade how could you not look an think wow a performance sounding, stereo pounding, sleek styling car.

I love my little car

mjstone323, 10/19/2010
GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted something that wasn't falling apart - I had driven beaters my entire life and I just wanted something nice. Bonus for the convertible top! And it's got a pretty comfortable back seat - hard to find that in a convertible. I have only had to make minor repairs in the 5 years I've had it. It's just a wonderful car, so much fun to drive, and I get a lot of compliments. I would recommend it to anyone.

Fun Ride

chicubsgal31, 10/24/2006
GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this car for almost a year now and have had no problems whatsoever. It is very fun in the summer, but able to keep warm in the winter as well. Leather seats a must with the convertible. I drive back and forth from home to school, a 200 mile drive, every weekend and it handles great on the interstates.

01Spyder

INMichael, 03/27/2002
GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My only complaints are, the center counsole doesn't lock, so you can't keep anything vauleable in it if you park it with the top down, and with the top up it creates really bad blind spots.

Love my Spyder-6cyl, auto trans

lilolladyfrmpasadena, 06/03/2009
GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car two years ago with only 18,000 actual miles on it. I love it!!! Even with driving about 100 mi/wk, it has been totally reliable (no repairs). I live in the country on a gravel road, but am able to maneuver around pot holes that form with ease, it is easily parked in tight spaces, and delightful to drive as the weather allows. For a 2001, it still looks almost new. I "need" a fwd, but I LOVE this car! It moves! Will I trade it? Maybe in 30-40,000 more miles! That should be in about 7 years.

12345...11