Used 2016 MINI Cooper Countryman Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 MINI Cooper Countryman Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:

Clutch Issues Still Not Resolved
By Chris S.

2016 MINI Cooper Countryman John Cooper Works ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We leased a 2016 Mini Countryman. We took the Countryman to the Mountains. 10 minutes into the mountain drive the clutch burned out. The Countryman has 10,000 miles. The dealership and Mini both initially said that we were at fault. My wife has driven a manual transmission for over 20 years and has never had a problem. We are very disappointed in falling victim of Mini's inability to resolve their historic clutch iasues.

GAS GUZZLER WITH ROUGH RIDE
By Thomas

2016 MINI Cooper Countryman S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As far a comfort forget it. This the worst ride I have ever had. You feel every bump and crack in the road. As far as the gas mileage it sucks as well. I was told I would get 30 MPG and the closet I have gotten is 27. Sadly enough I just drove from Covina to Santa Clarita and I got 24 MPG on a 100 mile turn around. What a shame and it is sad because this was one of the most important values for me besides performance and comfort. Nothing good to say about this car. [contact info removed]

Adequate...in a good way.
By matt

2016 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just passed the 1K mark. Kid heading away to college and didn't need the space I needed in the past. Turned in the lease on the Highlander and opted for this little bad boy! Just packed it full of gear and put the Thule on the top and headed for the lake for the week...4 adults, gear and the full Thule at about 70mph and I averaged 26mpg. I thought that was pretty good for a motor that hadn't even been broken in yet!?! All 4 adults were comfortable and had no complaints on the 3.5 hour drive. Harmon Kardon sounds insane good! We have a little Audi with the BnO and this is not quite the same quality of sound...but damn near! Bluetooth works well and phone calls are audible. The power for a little 1.6 liter Turbo is surprisingly good! Having other cars that are quite quick, I found myself not disappointed with this at all.

A "hoot" to drive
By Lynn Isaacson

2016 MINI Cooper Countryman 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Voice recognition is still difficult but a "hoot" to drive
After a 2 years of driving my Mini I am still finding the voice recognition system difficult. I don't even attempt to use it. I am also finding the seat belt clasp difficult. The armrest is in the way.....storage is a challenge for just the 'little things'.
And, yes, it is still a "hoot" to drive.