Used 2014 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:

Countryman s
By Tommy

2014 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Solid driving car,handles like a dream!

Cuteness will fade when you go to the gas pump
By Rose V

2014 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this 2014 MINI Countryman new as the design was unique and quite cute. However, the stitching in the seats allows for chronic crumbs and dust to settle which requires frequent vacuuming. The car uses at least a mid-premium gas and does horribly with the gas mileage - not as stated. The car is sluggish going up hills. There is very little space in the front of the car to store things. All that being said, I am in the process of trading the car in for something more economical on gas, more space to store and a better interior seat design. In addition, the front tires needed replacement at 24,000 miles. The dealer said they 'are high performance tires and wear quickly' .

Great ride
By Patrick Coleman

2014 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Either small family or second car this is great car

It hangs
By Juls

2014 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have a 2014 All 4 S . Have already put it in twice for alignment and it's worse! If you let the stering wheel go it hangs badly to the right. They say there's nothing wrong with it! This is my third mini first one was a Mini Cooper two door next one mini coupe . Loved both of them no problems unlike the countryman hanging! Pretty car lots of space but doesn't drive anything like the other minis.

My experience so far with my 2014 Countryman S
By Dan Lopes

2014 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'd been wanting a mini since driving one when I was a teenager back I the 70's. I wanted something big enough to carry my drums around so the Countryman seemed like a good balance of performance and practicality. I've had sporty cars before but I've been very happy with the Countryman. That's not to say there isn't any room for improvement. The visibility out of the back isn't great and one of the first things I did I was add a backup camera. Love it... It should be standard equipment on all modern cars. I've put about 14,000 miles on it so far and hasn't been in the shop for anything. The ride is ok with the Countryman but hitting a pothole or rut in the road will rattle your teeth. I know any performance vehicles ride is similar and I'll probably not go with the run flat tires when the time comes to replace them. The instrumentation isn't intuitive and takes a while to figure out, but wasn't a deal breaker for me. It provides info on every part of the car and will let you know if something isn't shut,tire pressure low, gas getting low and how far you can go with the gas you have, it even will let you know when the car needs regular servicing.
I've had the mini now for about 2 years. The car has been my daily driver and has been dependable. The only problem that came up is the sensors on the wheels came on for the right front tire to inform me that the tire pressure was low. I'm still using the run flat tires that came with the car and the ride is still very rough when driving a bumpy road. Still have plenty of rubber left on tires but going to put on regular performance tires in a few more months.
Update
Still problem free. Only in the shop for scheduled maintenance. The rubber on the run flats still good so I'm putting off replacing those for a while longer. Car starts right up every time I push the ignition button and runs smoothly.
Update 5/18
It will be 4 years in August, that I first drove off the lot. Outside of regular scheduled maintenance the Mini Countryman has been problem free. The ride can be a little rough going over ruts and potholes, but that’s the trade off I guess to achieve the handling that you get with the mini. I’m at 49,000 miles now. It’s my daily driver, and still loving it.