Used 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Premier AWD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A) Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Mountaineer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Tough Truck for a V6

Jake, 01/11/2010
Premier AWD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Mountaineer used with 40,000 miles on it. Other than a crack on the liftgate it was in great shape. I've always driven my vehicles hard and I can say for just being a 4.0L it is a workhorse. I've hauled thousands of pounds of supplies behind it in a trailer, driven off-road,done a few donuts, you name it. I bought it out of pure necessity having a third child on the way. This is my grocery/camping/work/family vehicle. I love the sound system and leather seats and 17 inch wheels. It handles great and has good power for passing. It has 109,000 miles now and all I've had to replace was an alternator. I also nailed a deer at about 50 mph and virtually no damage. I have no regrets.

Love my Mountaineer for the most part!

Amurr1991, 08/04/2010
Premier AWD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had My Mountaineer for quite a while and Love it! I have only had to replace ball joints and Put new tires on it (standard maintenance). This vehicle is such a workhorse and handles great in all weather situations! The fuel economy is awful though, (only about 13-15 combined). Overall I have been pleased with this truck. The only complaint I have is that the interior quality could be better. The truck has 110,000 miles and does tend to have some minor rattles, but not too bad, other cars I have had don't generally start to rattle until much later, but hey It's a Ford not a Mercedes!

Mercury Mountainer review

PJJMC, 10/11/2003
Premier AWD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Mercury Mountainer is a beautiful SUV in design, comfort and performance.