Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used SL-Class for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Amazing Vehicle

Linda J., 03/26/2008
SL500 2dr Convertible

I love my Mercedes, the fact that you can go from hard top to soft top in a few easy minutes. There is room for a couple of bags in the back "seat", unlike other sports cars where you don't even have room for a purse. The ride is like sitting home in your livingroom. The gas mileage on mine is 30-32 mpg on a trip. It's an all around beautiful car. I am not an engineer, but I see no improving on perfection here. I have driven them all, I wanted to before I made an educated purchase and this was the only one standing at the end of the tests, all things considered, gas mileage, comfort, style, class.

Someday is Now!

Retfla2, 09/13/2003
SL500 2dr Convertible

I have admired the Mercedes Roadster since it was a 190SL. Finally decided this was the time. I am not a sportscar person. This car is a luxury car that happens to look sporty. Perfect! Plenty of power to spare and love the handling on corners. Mercedes service has been great!

"The ONE"

Petruhin, 09/07/2002
SL600 2dr Convertible

This is the car! this in my mind was the best car ever made by mercedez! its sporty, its luxury and well its gorgeous! the car drives great! the suspention is perfectly regulated for higway driving and city traffic!

LUXURY 2-SEATER: Convertible limousine

geomeller, 07/12/2003
SL500 2dr Convertible

German solid engineering at its best. This model superseeded in 1990 the classic 106, which only lacked the power top. My car is 'Sport' version, It seems bulky, in spite of its modest dimensions. It is more of a luxury convertible 2 seater limousine then a nimble sports car. Seats are better then most American cars. Everything works with monotonous regularity - it is not an exciting car to drive, but to be seen in!

It's so much fun

Bob, 07/08/2016
SL500 2dr Convertible

Buying this car 16 year old car has been a joy. It turns heads, drives like a dream, corners likes its on rails, and the speed -- well it's breathtaking. Went out early one morning to the turnpike with the top down and my wife reading emails in the passenger seat. Got it to 105 and she didn't notice. Just a little stretch of the legs for this rocket. I'm 6' 4" and it's one the of few cars in which I'm really comfortable. Maintenance is expected and keeps her running great.