Used 2011 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

Living room comfort
By Brian

2011 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Drives like a dream. As we travel through the rough roads in daily Seattle traffic I’m reminded of being in the comfort of my living room with the quiet that allows my wife and I to have a normal conversation without the road noise from surrounding traffic to interfere. I’m amazed that we have recognized 20-21mpg in mixed mode driving. I will admit that the mpg decreases with increased use of the gas pedal. The transmission functions flawlessly and allows either paddle shifts or automatic shifting. In sports mode it hold gears to redline before shift application. While the technology is prevalent throughout once understood the infotainment system provides a rewarding results and the suspension & engine responses are intuitive and rewarding. My only complaint or challenge is with its length as parking in the garage proves to be tight and it’s a three car garage.

Great car - real value as a CPO
By Len

2011 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Bought the 2010 S550 4-matic with every option as a lease return CPO at almost 1/2 the original purchase price at two years old and with 20K miles on the ode. Bought an extra 2 year warranty and have only had to use it once for the drivers wheel sensor. Dealership replaced all the wheel sensors just to make sure. Oil, brakes, windshield wipers, air filters and one set of tires is all I've put into this car with over 60K miles of almost daily use. Tires made a huge difference - bought Conti DWS and that made this car perfect in all weather and super quiet, including managing a foot of snow on the road. I've had no issues with transmission or engine - starts off the line fast in sport mode, rides smooth in comfort, shifts great with no hesitation between gears. I've owned over fifty cars (all types) and this car is one of the best. I'm 6'6" and the drivers seat fits perfect - If I want, I can put the seat back far enough so I can't reach the pedals. Massage, heated/cooled and fine leather seats are perfect for long trips. Oil changes at the dealer (MB-PDX) with a free loaner (due to the car being S-Class) has been great. 60K highway / freeway miles has averaged 20 mpg (per the panel). Finally, I can sell / trade the car for about 1/2 of what I paid which isn't too bad for driving this level of comfort.

Last German Car...
By freddys555

2011 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have been a long time driver of German makes.
From BMWs to Mercedes, I have owned over 6 German made cars.
I have never been more disappointed in the quality and reliability.
Most recently, my 2011 S-Class Mercedes.
Although new with 8,900 miles, I have been back to the dealer 5 times for A/C malfunction, check-engine light, GPS malfunction and much more.
No matter how polite the service department may be, this is the last German car I will ever purchase again.
I am disappointed as I will miss the exceptional performance but I do not have the time nor patience to keep bringing back my German cars to the dealer.
My wife has a Lexus 460 with over 48K with absolute "zero" problems...

Great acceleration, handling and interior/exterior design.

Mercedes-Benz perhaps need to learn a lesson from the Japanese. They do not compromise quality over performance. This is the same disappointment I have had with my previous BMW 7-series. 56K miles and numerous trips to the dealer. Poor reliability. Not worth the money and time.

MY 2011 550 S CLASS 4 MATIC
By bokewo

2011 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I JUST BOUGHT MY 2001 S CLASS AND IT IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST CAR i HAVE EVER OWNED. i HAVE HAD MANY BMW"S AND 2 AUDI'S. i LOVE THIS SO MUCH MORE. iT IS IN A CLASS BY ITSELF. i DID LOOK AT Thre new audi 8. It has this big grill which some like and some hate. From the drivers door back it is boring. From the back is it a 4,6,or 8. Who knows. The s class is just that, class.You must drive it to realize what it can do. I have the P2 package which has the most comfortable seats ever. The sides of the seats inflate as you go around a turn to keep you in your seat. I have the 20 inch amg wheels and the new magnatite black color. It stands out so much and has a young look. Nit your dads s class.

Everything

None

Best S-Class Yet
By beamerguy325

2011 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have driven the 2010 S-Class several times before. Its handling, style and overall look is like non-other. I knew that as soon as this car hit the scene. The car drives like silk on the road, and anyone around knows when your coming down the street by way of the flasy exterior head lights and dotted fog lights at the base of the front bumper.

I love the exterior and interior design. It exemplifies pure luxury in every aspect. My favorite feature about the s550 is definitely the digital odometer and the vista mon-roof. Few car makes come with the option to choose.