2014 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Review: Mercedes 2014 Gl 450 -- sweet!

2014 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class - Consumer Review

GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 Twin-turbo AWD 7-speed Automatic)

Mercedes 2014 Gl 450 -- sweet!
By ghergenroeder on

2014 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

This is truly Mercedes at its best. I never thought I would own such a wonderful vehicle. It is a little pricey, but it is worth every penny. I am really satisfied with everything about it. On the highway I can even average 21 mpg.
After 2 years I can still say that it is a fine vehicle. Zero problems! Performance is awesome and the ride is so smooth.
After 30 months my Mercedes Dealership sent me a letter saying that they have a deal for me -- trade-in your current Mercedes and we'll give you $37,000. I found this to be an insult. It tells me never to buy another Mercedes because they will depreciate over 50% in just 2 short years. Clearly, this was not a good financial decision. I should have brought a used two year old one Vs new. Other than the fact that it depreciates very fast, I am happy with the vehicle. Next vehicle will be a used Mercedes or something keeps its value longer.
After 3 YEARS now I am still very pleased with my SUV. It now has 41,000 miles and performs like it was brand new.

• Outward visibility

• Purchase cost
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review