Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

My 2013 Benz E350
By Martha Dieter

Great car!

Love my 2013 E350
By Mike Shanok

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

32,800 miles since previous review with no service needs other than routine maintenance. Because I drive more than 35,000 miles a year on business and typically buy a 3-year old car and turn it in at 300,000 miles, durability, reliability, comfort and safety count much more than the cache of a luxury auto. My previous auto, a 2007 E350, was great, but the added technology in the 2013 model - better fuel economy more safety features and better storage - is a remarkable improvement.

Never again....back to Lexus
By dpendley3

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Once I hit 65,000 miles...

- Engine oil leak
- AC motor bad
- Motor Mounts collapsed
- 275.00 key

If this is luxury driving, I want out.
I will go back to Lexus, Acura, or Infinity.
This is a joke.
Now I know why they have free cappuccino at the dealer...because you will be there a lot!
Never will buy a Mercedes again!
Horrible car for the money.

Mercedes, now: bad cars, bad service. Take it from a customer of 15+ years
By tab10

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Until recently I had a MBZ C230 and E350. After 5+ years of owning my C230 I started having problems with it. I am not the kind of person who complains after owning a car for more than 5 years. This latest incident, though, with a newly leased 2013 E350 with bells and whistles has actually ended my relationship with Mercedes for good.
I have already traded in my C230 for another car from another luxury car maker, I intend to trade in my E350 in due time. The 3 year lease on the E350 has more than 2 years left on it (so the incident described below happened with a car that is only ~10 months old).See below.See "suggested improvements" for incident

My wife drove the car to her work and when she tried to start the car after her usual work day, it would not start; actually nothing electrical seemed to work. She was finally able to open the passenger side door, but there was no response from the car. From the dark parking she called the Mercedes Roadside Assistance 800 number. 3 hrs later someone showed up. There was a noise coming out of the engine when restarted. I towed the car next day to dealership. The found nothing. They changed the battery.We asked to trade in the car.after 10+ calls with no response, they agreed to $100 compensation.I was out $65 for towing and $35 for rental while they repaired the car. No more Mercedes for me.

Not what I expected from MB
By oldcentrist

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I leased a 2013 E350 sport sedan about 7 months ago.
When I picked up the car the door had a scratch in it.
Great, band new car, already repainted.
TThen the car developed a pronounced rattle at idle.
The dealer fixed it by adding felt tape along side the "fuel line". (!?)
6 months later I test drove a C300 and noticed it had
less exhaust system noise/drone.
I took the E350 in and they compared it to other E350 sedans and agreed my exhaust system was make an unusually loud droning noise.
They contacted MB and were told that there were other complaints on this issue and that a "case" had been opened but there was no resolution yet.
I was told to check back in 6 months!?
UPDATE: I contacted Mercedes Benz US Corporate Headquarters and complained about the brush off by the dealer. The dealer contacted me the next day an ask me to bring the car back in. They kept it for 4 days and when I picked it up it was improved but still louder that many other E350s. I turned the car in at lease end and picked up a 2015 GLK 350. After driving the GLK for several months I have found it to be a much better vehicle. It has better visabillity, it's much quieter (both engine/exhaust noise and road noise), rides much smother, and is much more responsive (both acceleration and steering). It's also rock solid. When you hit a bump you hear a thump but no body vibration at all. It imparts a sense of real quality which was lacking in the E350. The looks of the GLK are, well, you either love them or hate them. But other than that everything else about the GLK has far exceeded my expectations. Unfortunately the E350 fell far short.