Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG Consumer Reviews

E55 AMG 5.4L V8 5-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )

A Gentleman Never Tells, but this Car is a Beast
By IDontProofRead

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a 2002 E55 for 6 years and I absolutely love it. Sure it's an older car in 2018, but the thing can move! The naturally aspirated 5.4L V8 roars to life when you turn the key and is reduced to a low rumble once the engine warms up. It holds a corner with ease and fires off the line like a rocket when asked. Steering is tight around town and the cabin is quiet when driving in the city or on the highway. I'm 6'3" and I am very comfortable in the front or back of the car, and there is plenty of room in the truck for luggage and golf clubs. This car is an incredible bargain on the market today even compared to newer cars. Yes, you will have maintenance expenses but I do not think you can find a better value on the market. This car is a perfect blend of class, performance, and style. I could not be happier, and If you want to enjoy your time in the car then you need to find one.

AMG e55 ( The eye catcher )
By Arturo Serrano

So Glad I Bought This Car
By kstall3

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 90k miles and have driven it to 140k with only minor issues (headlight and window motor). The car will smoke about anything on the road and looks classy while doing so.
I can get 25 MPG on the hwy, haul 4 adults and their stuff, and still toast all the Mustangs and the older Vettes. Routine maintenance is expensive - but tolerable. I am pretty sure this car will be remembered as a classic MB.

Power, looks, reliability,

The seats are uncomfortable after about 3 or 4 hours of driving. I wish the CD player was in the front and not in the truck.

E55 Rare to find Only 2000 w210's Total
By 4Everomeo

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car. If you find one in good condition, with low mileage. Purchase and you will understand. At least test drive it! 0-60 in 4.9 and plenty of room for the kids and groceries. High forged pistons and AMG engine quality. Much better then Mercedes Benz alone. Buy a car with 100k miles, and your buying an AMG motor that will last almost twice as long. Unbelievable gas mileage, computer states exactly 24mpg on the highway at 75mph!!! An aggressive yet subtle styling. Very wide 275/45 rear tires. Even the elderly notice these! Took it to the dealer once after it was cleaned up, and was very very happy to see a few sales people line up to the window to look at my then 6year old car

Acceleration, Handling is amazing for a 4door vehicle. The Monoblock rims are used since the 80's, yet they look Wonderful on this last year they used them in 02' The Stance of the car, I love how its a sleeper. The GRUMBLE of the engine!!! Lets you know you have 391 lbs of torque.....

The tranny is pulled from the v12 SL 600.. Its a weird shifting automatic when you drive it slow through the gears. I find it shifts flawless when stepping on it. I have had the car for about 3yrs. Just buy one while you can. 17mpg city / 24mpg highway... still with 350 HP.

E 55 born to drive
By E 55 Fast

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I first drove a Benz a couple of years prior to owning one, and I never thought I would have so much fun! I looked at and drove BMW's, Audi's and a few domestics, but the E 55 blew them all away! With 355 bhp (according to factory specs) you'll be attaining 0-60 in just under 6 sec. It's a true rocket ship that I just have a lot of fun driving. True, a bit expensive on repairs, but this thing is worth the effort! Go get one and enjoy! BCR

355 horsepower, triptronic/tiptronic, handling, great looks!

Be focused when you look to buy, check out xenon 's, transmission, alternator and ac system. I found that these items can cause issues later if not found quickly.