Used 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

My Dream Car
By Mike Himel

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Combines performance of a sports car with sophistication and elegance. You will find yourself making up errands to run just to drive this amazing car.

Chinese parts
By richgaz

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Just had 6 essential relays replaced all from China.
The car has been in the MB shop for two weeks now trying to find other problems.
Never had a brand new car not start.
THis problem has brought to light that MB probably has chinese parts splattered all over.
So why does this car cost so much?
Germans think they can out engineer bad parts.
Hardly.
I will not but another MB.
Over priced for cheap parts - and they still fail no matter how well the design.

look great

How about non chinese cheap labor parts. If MB must keep these parts - than drop the price.

Love this car!
By jrcast79

I've had my eye on this car for awhile and finally purchased last week. Really like the balance between peformance and looks. I test drove several of its competitors and I think this is hands down the winner.

There's really a lot of parity these days with technology, even in lesser cars. I like being able to switch between Sport and Eco mode. The fuel saving ECO feature shuts the engine off when at rest and you can push the brake down like a golf cart to keep vehicle in park.

I wasn't as impressed with the audio as I wanted to be. It's not bad by any stretch, but was hoping for more. MB I think has a way to go with the COMAND and interface. Other makers out there (Ford, GM) have more sophisticated/touchscreen features. In my opinion, that scores really high points with millennials and is really just smoke & mirrors, what you're really paying for is comfort, luxury, performance, brand, quality, status, etc... the tech aspect will be obsolete in 2 yrs anyway.

CLS400 CAR I EVER OWNED
By abacomike

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Just purchased a new 2014 Mercedes CLS 550 (MSRP $82,210).
I usually purchase E350 Sedans, but because of the superior, outstanding deal I got on this vehicle, I could not resist. First noticeable difference is the outstanding power and performance - 402 hp in a 4.7 liter V8.
Fit and Finish are outstanding.
Interior design and comfort in front seats is astounding.
The ride is smoother and more refined than anything I have ever driven.
The car is "dead-out" gorgeous.
Safety features like lane-tracking, blind spot monitors and PARKTRONIC are comforting and impeccably designed.
Harman/Kardon audio system is unsurpassed in clarity and sound separation.
Best car I have ever owned.