Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:

Best car ever
By RonH

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is the best car i have ever owned and it is overall an incredible value. I bought it when it was 2 years old with 20K miles on it and I have now owned it for 10 years and put 75K miles on it. A few key points. This car is definitely an exotic in terms of handling and speed but it is also incredibly comfortable. In the 10 years i have owned it a few things have broken but there has been no major cost and it runs and looks like new. There is nothing finer than punching it from a standing start and having the supercharger wail and get you to 60 in just over 4 second. The car is my daily driver and i will own it forever. By the way, i also own a Ferrari 612 and a Porsche Macan GTS. The CL55 is by far the best of the bunch as a drivers car. The car really doesnt need any dressing up and i have kept it basically stock (which is easy since the car at the time it was made had every high tech option known to mankind) but i recently rewarded it for being so kind to me with some 19 inch Brabus wheels, really wide Michelin Super Sports and a 1.5 inch lowering kit. It looks incredible and handles incredibly and i would recommend this to everyone. Wish i had done it years ago.

Amg only
By David

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I just want a cl55 amgthat's it ..?

Rarely driven gem
By Donna Felix

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Best buy used car ever!
By jet1rno

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Some call the CL55 AMG the depreciation king, and if I had bought one new I might agree, however there is more to the story than depreciation. The Cl 55 AMG is FULL of technology and admittedly if you buy a bad one you will be most unhappy so how do you avoid that? Pay a couple of hundred dollars
before you buy one to have it pre-purchase inspected buy a Mercedes Benz dealer. This will save you time and major grief. If the owner refuses to allow this just say goodby. If it is a price "to good to be true" it probably will need a lot of TLC. Avoid boy racer modified cars, this car
needs VERY FEW mods if any at all!

Incredible for the money on the used market
By syberfilm

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL65 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I have about 150,000 miles on my CL65. I always wanted a 65 but was told not to get one because of the expense to work on. Let me tell you this is ultra reliable and way cheaper then my Ferrari. I have only had to issues in over 100K of driving. I bought it used with about 50K on it. First issue was a coil unit went out and I had to replace it. Cost about $2,500.

The other issue, the ABC was drooping. The shop wanted over $3,000 to fix. I found a video on youtube and did it myself. for about $400 US. I am not very mechanical at all. It took me all day to do. But saved some bucks.
Other then those two issues. The car has been a dream. I just do the scheduled maintenance and drive.

New update at 185K.. Just got out of the shop for a B service about $900. They found a small leak in the cooling system and fixed that for $450.

Still runs strong. Burns about 1 quart of oil per 5,000 miles.

Drove it from Chapel Hill NC to California for a nice road trip. Looks like I will hit the 200K mark soon.