Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used CL-Class for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Best buy used car ever!

jet1rno, 07/02/2014
CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Some call the CL55 AMG the depreciation king, and if I had bought one new I might agree, however there is more to the story than depreciation. The Cl 55 AMG is FULL of technology and admittedly if you buy a bad one you will be most unhappy so how do you avoid that? Pay a couple of hundred dollars before you buy one to have it pre-purchase inspected buy a Mercedes Benz dealer. This will save you time and major grief. If the owner refuses to allow this just say goodby. If it is a price "to good to be true" it probably will need a lot of TLC. Avoid boy racer modified cars, this car needs VERY FEW mods if any at all!

A Lifetime Dream Car

ardeevin, 02/22/2012
CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have owned many dream cars including a Ferrari, muscle cars like the SVT Mustang, classic muscle cars like the 1970 442 Olds W-30, beautiful cars like the mid-60s Corvette coupes and I can say without hesitation that the 2005 CL 55 AMG surpasses all of them in every category and I will not likely ever part with my car. I have owned it for 7 years now, my extended warranty ran out last September and I am still loving the car as much or more as the day I bought it. It is still a major head-turner every time I take it out which indicates to me that the design of the car is timeless so could be considered as "automotive art" on top of all the other benefits. Treat yourself and get one.

Best car ever

RonH, 11/20/2016
CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is the best car i have ever owned and it is overall an incredible value. I bought it when it was 2 years old with 20K miles on it and I have now owned it for 10 years and put 75K miles on it. A few key points. This car is definitely an exotic in terms of handling and speed but it is also incredibly comfortable. In the 10 years i have owned it a few things have broken but there has been no major cost and it runs and looks like new. There is nothing finer than punching it from a standing start and having the supercharger wail and get you to 60 in just over 4 second. The car is my daily driver and i will own it forever. By the way, i also own a Ferrari 612 and a Porsche Macan GTS. The CL55 is by far the best of the bunch as a drivers car. The car really doesnt need any dressing up and i have kept it basically stock (which is easy since the car at the time it was made had every high tech option known to mankind) but i recently rewarded it for being so kind to me with some 19 inch Brabus wheels, really wide Michelin Super Sports and a 1.5 inch lowering kit. It looks incredible and handles incredibly and i would recommend this to everyone. Wish i had done it years ago.

The Definition of an Automobile

PetLife, 07/31/2005
CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is flat out, undeniably, the definition of fantastic motoring. I've owned BMWs, Audis, Porsches, Japan's best, Italy's best, and even other Mercedes, but the CL55 takes the cake. The whole cake and all the frosting. Even the frosting flowers. It's great looking, comfortable, sporty, safe, easy to drive slow or fast, and goes like a hell cat with its tail on fire when summoned. If you have the cash and you're looking for the complete package, look no further than this car. No excuses and dissapointments here. You'll thank me later.

Incredible for the money on the used market

syberfilm, 09/21/2013
CL65 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I have about 150,000 miles on my CL65. I always wanted a 65 but was told not to get one because of the expense to work on. Let me tell you this is ultra reliable and way cheaper then my Ferrari. I have only had to issues in over 100K of driving. I bought it used with about 50K on it. First issue was a coil unit went out and I had to replace it. Cost about $2,500. The other issue, the ABC was drooping. The shop wanted over $3,000 to fix. I found a video on youtube and did it myself. for about $400 US. I am not very mechanical at all. It took me all day to do. But saved some bucks. Other then those two issues. The car has been a dream. I just do the scheduled maintenance and drive. New update at 185K.. Just got out of the shop for a B service about $900. They found a small leak in the cooling system and fixed that for $450. Still runs strong. Burns about 1 quart of oil per 5,000 miles. Drove it from Chapel Hill NC to California for a nice road trip. Looks like I will hit the 200K mark soon.