Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Torque for days
By D Fink

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

First thing that gets you is the exhaust. Cant beat the sound of the AMG V8. It is definitely an experience to drive one, imagine the German answer to muscle cars. I love the car but there are things that I dislike as well. The seats for one, I am 5' 11" 275lbs, wear about a size 56 in a jacket. The seats are okay but I am leary they will kill my back in a long drive, time will tell. For a $60-70k car the interior is, well, blah. I owned an '08 C300 before buying this, there are very little differences in the two as far as quality of materials used. Had I based my decision solely on the interior I would have kept my C300 and saved myself quite a bit of money. I cant complain to much though, I bought the car for the performance, and it has plenty.

Great used car value
By B L Chambliss

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my C-300 in December 2015 with 61K miles. Since then, I have had only two service intervals, approximately a year apart, although I drive the car daily. Neither service was overly expensive (about $200 per) (it is now late April 2017, 74K miles). It needs some new tires, which run from about $100 up locally, installed. Yes, I could buy the 300mph rated tires, but why??? Generally, I might have two gripes: the fuel economy isn't great. In my '03 SAAB 9-3T I was getting in the city almost what the Benz gets on the highway. And the SAAB had loads of acceleration, whereas the Benz kind of drags in comparison. Well, three gripes: the A/C vent directional controls are the flimsiest things. The SAAB, in comparison, was excellent quality, for 12 years no interior issues at all. HOWEVER, there is no question in my mind, if I were going on a trip, I would take the Benz any day over the SAAB. I have had 0 mechanical issues with it, I get a decent MPG on the highway (EPA says 25, I get about 30). Acceleration isn't fantastic, but it gets the job done, and it has a nice growl. Tired of living with 2003 technology, I searched for a C-300, or 3-series BMW, or VW CC, with a tech package. The Benz's reliability sold me between the 3 options. So I found this model, low miles, and the NAV package. The thing about the NAV package is that you can hook up so many different ways to hear your music. Or watch DVDs if you are waiting in the car. There is the 6-disk CD/DVD changer, the Sirius/XM, FM/AM, Aux, but also you can use the interface in the glove box to connect iPods or other MP3 players, and a slot of SD cards in the dash. The car comes with Bluetooth but it's only for telephony. However, Bluetooth adapters are available which connect directly to the glove box interface and provide seamless connection to your Bluetooth device. If you have Apple products, the device can be controlled via the COMAND menu controller. I have an Android, so it doesn't work quite that way, BUT I still enjoy my books and music via Bluetooth through the car's audio. COMAND is a fantastic system. I do not know if the whole system is available without the NAV. If not, I would suggest paying the extra money to get the navigation so you get all the extra goodies. The ride is what you would expect from a Benz - steady as a rock, smooth, stable. The front seat is excellent if you like the Teutonic firmness. If you like a cushy Caddie seat, this is not for you. The rear seat is small, and not easy to exit from. However, I have sat in the back for a hour or more and, although I'm 5'10", have not felt cramped as long as the front seater can scoot up some. Plenty of storage spaces are around the car. I would say this is a good, comfortable, reliable, personal car, though it might not be the best soccer mom car.

Update: having owned the car for almost two years now, I wouldn't retract what I said earlier. The car now has 81k miles, and still performs well. I have not had any cringe moments, not a single engine or transmission issue, and no interior or convenience problems. There is one spot MB needs to improve, and hopefully with newer models they have done: a/c vent directional control tabs. Apparently they were designed to break if a driver actually touched one. Replacement vent assemblies are relatively inexpensive (~$150) and can be done at home with the puller tools. Very simple to replace. If this is you, be sure to order the correct replacement. Not all dash vents are equal.

my car
By Brent Carter

it's nice

Great used car with low entry for a classy brand
By Lee Chambliss

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2010 C300 used. I had driven maybe 10 different examples over several months. I had done copious research. What I found was the C. class overall 2008-present are very sturdy and reliable cars. I was a little uncomfortable with the lower mpg, but I have found on longer trips I can get in the 30s, which is OK with me. And in town is in the high teens (18-19) which is also ok. With my old car I had gotten 21 and 33. But it was a Saab turbo (the fun model engine) and repairs had finally gotten the better of me. So I found this 300, looked like mint condition, 61k miles, nav, memory seats, basically everything you'd want. It's been a great car, no problems at all. One thing to consider is the audio. The cars don't come with streaming bluetooth. But there are low cost options to connect all sorts of music and files in all sorts of ways. I got a PCMCIA card for the dash slot, with 32gb drive, an auxiliary for the glove box media interface, and a Bluetooth device that connects with zero effort to the media interface. And if you are waiting for the wife or other , sitting in your car with the nav system you can watch DVD on the nave screen with the video systemusic built in. It's really a cool car, relatively low maintenance, and the ride is rock steady at high speed.

A Fantastic Car
By Kyle Edmonds

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes-Benz C300 Luxury 4Matic is a great car. I recently purchased a used C300 and it has been fantastic.

As far as value goes, I could not find a better deal than the Mercedes-Benz C300. I purchased the car with about 70,000 miles on it for around $14,000. The car was maintained impeccably by the previous owner and has an excellent service record. I fully expect to get at least another 100,000 miles out of the car.

The ride is very comfortable and the car has enough horsepower to have a little bit of fun on open roads. The handling is very tight and the braking is precise.

One issue I have had with the car is the Bluetooth music connection. Often the connection between my iPhone and the car is weak and the music will not play as clearly as it would over the AUX cord.

Overall, the C300 is a great car and a great value. I would highly recommend this car. (KDE)