Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Best used car deal of my life.
By Albert

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

I bought the brilliant silver C280 from a wealthy family in Westchester County, NY in March of 2018 with 24k miles - yes that's an average of 1,200 miles per year! As an owner of '91 300E & '97 E320 I am well versed in these cars. Little did I know that the V6 is a huge improvement over the I6. Many speak of the W124 & M103/4 as the holy grail of MB. Having replaced the water pump and now with the gasket leaks (oil in colant) on the M103 from the W124, I believe the V6 is much better. I see many owners with 200k+ miles on these M112 engines without much repairs. I can see why. The engine is smooth and powerful without much drama when pushed. MPG is not that great and headliner is starting to sag. But, the car looks great and feels like a proper MB, solid! I plan on driving and enjoying this beautiful car for many many miles.

Bought mine as 18-year old pre-owned commuter
By John Sharpe

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 C230 Kompressor from an owner who bought it new in 1999. For its age this car still looks and feels great. I should easily get past 250,000+ miles because it's been very well taken care of. Problems so far only seem to be a ghost in the electrical system. Sometimes electrical things work, sometimes, not. Replaced center link and rear differential seals have a small leak but I'm just keeping an eye on that for now.

perfect car after 18 years
By Otto

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I have owned a 1999 C230 for 18 flawless years of reliability (changed a few light bulbs and done routine maintenance, that's it in 115,000 miles). What amazes me the most is how new the car feels, with not a squeak or rattle (something I could not say for an Audi I purchased in the late 1980's which was falling apart after 10 years). The interior seems as new as the day I purchased it, with no deterioration of the dash or seats. It continues to feel like a single solid piece of steel on the road with more that adequate acceleration, handling, and comfort. The independent repair shop mechanic talks of how he "loves the 99 C class, these were great cars."

Best Car I've ever owned!
By Eileen Broader

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

You should check the service records on CarMax for sure. If it's been well loved, this car will last you forever. It's comfortable and you can be really confident driving it for view ability, NO blind spots, great instrumentation including cruise and wipers. Ours has 104,000 miles since '99 which is unbelievable. We had it repainted the same as the orig color (silver), had a new headliner put in, and had a leaky valve fixed. Our ignition system did fail at 103,000 mi after we replaced our key! Be sure not to buy a new key without them testing the ignition switch first :) Lesson learned by all of us. I would recommend this car to all families, older drivers and all in between. BOSE sound system is amazing!! Love this thing!

c230 1999
By Klarent Ngjelo

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I had this for 3years no big problem just I 've changed flex disc , break light switch, oil every 5000 mile ,gas premium 91,wiper motor stoped working but was easy to fixed by my self ,I have cleaned mas sensor . It's a good car.