Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Unexpected Pleasure
By Scott D

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only owned one Mazda previously, a 626, but usually stay loyal to Honda / Toyota for resale and quality of materials. I spotted this car, a new arrival on the lot, and decided to give it a chance. Although a lot of the credit can go to previous owners I'm sure for taking great care, it was simply A LOT of car for the money. Spacious, powerful, and all the bells and whistles you could hope for in an SUV.

Transfer Case is a ticking time bomb
By Jason McGrath

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought this vehicle used, and it lasted two weeks before the transfer case failed. And when the transfer case fails, you may have to completely replace the transmission, because the splines coming out of the transmission will be severely damaged. I won't bore you with details, but if you care, do a google search for "Mazda CX-9 transfer case problems" and see what you find. You're welcome.

Great SUV
By Carmen

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth ride, comfort and good price for accessories included.
Update: In love with this car, still smooth ride and save in gas for a 6 cyl. I hope to keep it forever...

Great road handler but a stiffer suspension!!
By muranoman2012

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first impression is that it felt slightly lower in ride height than the Nissan Murano and even though both handled twisty roads well the Mazda did better in acceleration (even though the automatic hesitated sometimes). My main concern was that factory authorized dealers aren't available in smaller towns like mine and I would have had to drive over 6 hours to get to one if one of the newer versions had been under warranty. I didn't like the stiffer ride either (the Murano was a little smoother)! My other gripe is that you have to get the leather seat version with Mazda if you want the better features. I like cloth seats more so that was the deal breaker for me.

was a great car till it got bent
By Larry

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2007 model The only issue was one recall dealers are great much better than my chevy. This was my second Mazda My other was a Mazda 3 purchased new in 2013. I purchased this for my daughter was a wonderful car until a teen driver ran a stop sign and t-boned it. It was hit so hard (in the drivers door) it ripped the rear outer door off! thank god for side air bags. Not even a bruise. I'm convinced if this were not as solid of a car there would of been a different outcome. it rode and drove as solid as my 2013. Even though it was six years older. I'm looking for another.