Used 2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:

Great Family Car Super Fuel Efficient
By Aaron

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car all around for the money. It's not going to win any races however I love the fact that I get 30.1 MPG in town. 32 MPG HWY. Rear view is a bit of a challenge when backing up. Everything else on the car is great. Really needs more cup holders. Rides very well. Sits up high. Very nimble. Great handling. I bought mine used with 28,000 miles. Now has 50,000 and is going strong. No major repairs at this point. I replaced a Mazda 5 with this vehicle I do miss the 3rd seat. I think my next upgrade will be the Mazda CX-9.

Black sheep? Gimme my Jeep back
By The Anti-Zoom

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I loved my pretty little CX5 the day I bought it too. This review is based on 45,000 single driver usage in Northeastern US, mostly highway and thruway driving. I didn't make it out of the dealer lot before having repeated trouble with the TPMS. At 5000 miles the paint began falling off the front. Mazda: 'it's road use' therefore not covered. I recently brushed against the needles of my spruce tree and the needles cut the paint... At 16,000 miles I had to replace the rotors; Mazda: 'it's the ice and salt.' Replaced rotors again at 32,000 and just now again at 45,000 miles... Had to replace standard tires at 20,000 mi. Interior: the carpet is shot, and that's even using aftermarket Mazda rugged floormats. In the city. The leather is cheap and thin, and you can't clean lint or sand out of the perforations. The headrest is still very uncomfortable. Moonroof sticks from time to time. The Bose speakers are not Bose quality; I have Bose at home. There is no light in the rear hatch. Fuel efficiency: 25 mpg overall on flatland interstate driving. It is underpowered at 2.0 and does not safely merge onto thruway with a grade. A lot of road noise in the cabin. If these don't bother you, and that Mazda International WILL blow you off at every turn to not uphold the warranty, go ahead. But there are far better vehicles out there. Wish I had one now.

LOVE
By Christina

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely loved this car. I didn't know how much I loved it until I totaled it and had to get a different car. Everything about it was great. I wish more car manufacturers made cars that had blind side monitors. They added an extra sense of security. Great sound system also. When I totaled it, it had about 105,000 miles on it (I bought it brand new) and it never needed any repairs. The only negative that I will have to say is that the key battery drained quickly and never had time to go get it charged. I could still start the car just without the convenience of the keys being anywhere in the car. I had to hold the key up to the button and push it. But a small price to pay for such a great car. There's so many more positive things I could say about this vehicle but mum tired of typing lol

Researched and found the one!
By Maranda Snyder

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

When I first realized I wanted an suv just because they were a little bigger then my car and would be practical I researched over 30 different suvs buy different factors such as by fuel economy, safety rating, size, style, value, purchase price, etc. The mazda cx-5 came out to be the number one choice on my list. I don't normally fill out surveys but this vehicle is excellent. Overall very happy with my cx-5.

Very pleased
By m sweeney

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Just like most vehicles on the market, there is no place for women to put their pocketbook. Honda CR-V used to have an area between front seats. Please male designers pay attention! My big gripe!!