2018 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Mazdas
By David Emrich

2018 Mazda 6 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've had two older rotary engine Mazda's, a 2016, and now a 2018 Mazda Sport Manual six speed transmission. Mazda is different. If that's what you're looking for, give them a try. Performance, driving satisfaction. The base model with the manual is an incredible value. I think,the base engines fine. Drive it slow, satisfied feeling, good fuel economy. Drive it fast(put your foot into second, or third gear at around three thousand rpm or above), and it becomes uncivilized. Road curve taking is addictive. I feel so peaceful, and happy when I drive it. It isolates me from the world. Luxury sport sdan. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. The nit picking goes away when you spend time on back roads carving up the twisties. The Mazda symbol is Angel wings. It doesn't disappoint.

My third Mazda 6
By John McC

2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I my first Mazda 6 Touring sedan in late 2014 (2015 model) and within 2 years graduated into a Gran Touring. Simply loved the car and could not wait until the new 2018's were introduced so I could get into a car with a little more luxury and the turbo engine. Boy was I pleasantly surprised on all fronts! The Reserve is definitely a notch above the GT and the newly added features of the Reserve make this a great value. The turbo is simply icing on the cake because it is quick as well as being fuel efficient. I have had the car for 8 weeks and took a trip into Door County Wisconsin from my home in Chicago and got just over 30 mpg. This car is also noticeably quieter than the GT I had before. The Mazda 6 Reserve really makes you wonder why you would spend $50K+ on a luxury automobile when you can spend far less on a Mazda 6 Reserve (or Signature) and get so much value. This car is simply awesome.

Gotta get in sync
By Jim Duncan

2018 Mazda 6 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Low rpms, expect sluggish response - if the car responds. The motor, the transmission, and the controllers don’t know how to handle low speed maneuvers. Expect hesitations and a rocking back and forth accelerate to hesitate as the computers try to figure out what to do. Very frustrating, especially if you are accustom to old-school direct connections where your foot is the only controller in the game. Highway, better, but best if you are a lead-foot. Otherwise be prepared to be really concerned about safety.

I traded in a Lexus... can you believe it?
By Darrell Young

2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my 2018 Grand Touring Reserve for just under a month now and I absolutely love the car. I have actually gone against the current trend of people moving out of sedans into SUVs as I did just the opposite. My wife was never comfortable with the size of our Lexus RX and since we no longer have a large dog to haul around we made what some may consider to be a rather dramatic downgrade in size, luxury and quality. We purposely went smaller, but let me assure you this new Mazda holds its own very well in terms of quality and luxury. The Signature model of this car is available for those who desire even more luxury. The car drives beautifully, is noticeably quieter than the Lexus, has more standard safety and comfort options, and is a bargain price wise. It's still early but so far I have not had a single regret over the trade we made and, perhaps best of all, my wife loves the car also.

Love this car!
By John Morris

2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had the Mazda6 (Grand Touring Reserve) for 2 weeks so far. Great engine! Plenty of torque! Excellent on the highway with very little road noise. Very comfortable seats. Interior is very upscale - on par with German luxury sedans. It has Apple CarPlay! Works great! I love seeing Waze on the large screen. Took me a few days to get used to the lower control knob, but I am now a fan! Sound with the Bose system is awesome! Now addicted to the heads-up display. Also love the auto high-beam headlights. Great viability. Overall very satisfied!