2018 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Zoom Zoom Gotta Go!
By Ken B

2018 Mazda 6 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

A lot of options and equipment for the money! Very happy with the ride, handling and performance. A little too much engine noise on accel but quiet at cruising speeds. I have owned all of the big 3 imports, Toyota, Honda, and now Mazda. The Mazda by far with it's eye catching style and handling beats the other two offerings in the same price range.

Fun car to drive!
By Mazda6 user

2018 Mazda 6 Signature 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in my 2006 Acura TL for the 2018 signature series mazda6 and am a first time Mazda owner. I was looking for a sedan that would be fun to drive but would not break my bank. I think mazda6 signature 6 with the 2.5L turbo is a very good choice for that. I am impressed with the interior and exterior design and also the practical aspect of this car being a family sedan. I like that it comes with a lot of the latest technology both in terms of safety and entertainment. I have had this car for a little over three weeks now and so far I am liking it. The torque that car has is really good but a four wheel drive option would be better with this much power. Couple of bugs/defects? I have noticed so far: The lane keep assist and another safety feature that depend on the front windshield mounted camera stops working when the car is sitting in the sun for some time and as you start driving it gives a message is that these safety features are disabled. This was not a good thing to find out specially because out here in phoenix during the summer this will be a constant issue, the dealer did not mention this to me prior to purchasing and later they said that this is an industry wide issue (not true for all vehicle, maybe some). As the interior of the car cools down the safety features are supposed to be working again but the message sometimes does not go away until you re start the car. Also I am noticing that the thermostat that measures the external temperature gives out a reading which is quite a bit off (around 5 degrees). I plan on contacting mazda customer service abut these issues and see what they have to say. Over all I am enjoing this vehicle so far.

Sloppy hanging with a Turbo?!
By John Connelly

2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great looks inside and out but the MAZDA6 Turbo has lost its Zoom Zoom and traded it for a sloppy handling lead sled. Wish I had kept my 2016 GT w/ tech the package. MAZDA isn’t gonna stay in business if they loose the sporty ness and go luxury.

Very Nice Sedan
By Jay Ender

2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Car has superb comfort, ergonomics and is fun to drive. I've had no problem with the infotainment system though sometimes it is a little slow, but overall nothing to worry about. It plays from USB very well, and my Samsung Android Note8 syncs fine with the system. The 2.5 turbo engine is very smooth and has more than enough power. The car is very quite on the highway and the radar cruise works very well. Steering feels great once I shut off the Lane Assist which can be somewhat annoying. Many features are customizable through the infotainment from the safety features to lighting, to door lock operation, etc. It's nice to tailor the car how you like. Overall the car has a feeling of high quality and leaves me wanting for nothing. Performance is very good and the gas mileage on a recent road trip was 37mpg, and that wasn't highway driving, but on state roads with elevational changes and no traffic. Better than I expected, no doubt.

Great First Car!
By Stefan Slavkovic

2018 Mazda 6 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have the base Sport version of the 2018 Mazda 6. I haven’t had it long enough to give it a true reliability grade but based on what I have heard from other drivers it stands above the competition. With the base version you aren’t getting all the crazy tech but you still get a comfortable, stylish ride for a very affordable price.

The interior of the car is incredibly simple yet incredibly elegant. Leather trim around the majority of the inside with cloth seats don’t disappoint. A panel set up to look good and feel good at the same time. The exterior has that menacing look that some people, myself included, crave. For the price, you’re getting a top of the line vehicle aesthetically inside and out.

Performance wise the car handles wonderfully, but lacks the kick you might see with the grand touring or signature versions.

Overall, coming from the viewpoint of a recent college graduate who got this Mazda 6 as their first car, I would make the decision to go with it 10/10 times! If it’s in your budget, I would recommend the signature or grand touring with all the added features. But if you’re just looking for a stylish, comfortable, reliable, fun drive (minus the lack of HP) then the 2018 Mazda 6 is the car for you!