Used 2015 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

my three years with my mazda
By anthony barbuto

2015 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

the car was designed to have a rear TV camera and side alerts re vehicles. I got a car without any of these electronic aids. It is very difficult to parrale park as hyou can't judge your front nor rear end...You really need a rear tv and front bumber infrared warning devices which my car does not have. IF I had it to do over again I would stipulate the TV and the bumper hazardous warning indicators. I can live with just a AM and FM radio I donlt need all the other entertainment features I am missing. Courtesy lits on the doors would be nice I donlt have them again I have the minimum feature package. I always have a pocket flashlight but only havint the over head dome lite is not enough to find things on the floor in the dark. Ther e is a lot of wind noise when you drive withan open window. I diswcover tham most modern cars are now designed to have the widows closed and you drive using climate control. This is too bad as there is nothing quite as nice as having a cool breeze when you drive in the spring. I guess thats "progress".....

Mazda3 is worth the low cost
By F Ward

2015 Mazda 3 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought it to replace a Jetta TDI without the TDI issues. I got what I needed for commuting at 1/2 the cost of a new Passat TDI. I get 38mpg, decent handling and performance. So far, there have been no repairs needed and I really don't expect them. The driver's seat has sagged and broken down with use and is now uncomfortable. My main issue is with the entertainment system/instrumentation. The location of the large touchscreen is distracting and the control buttons on the center console are not intuitive. They all require taking eyes off the road to be sure you have done what you intended. This evaluation is not just an old man thing. My 24 year old son puts a hat over the screen when he uses the car.
After about 50000 miles it is still trouble free and my son has it full time. He drives very hard and is not happy with the performance but is otherwise happy with a free (to him) car.

Roads are meant to be conquered, not driven
By RML

2015 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for two years. It is an amazing car to drive and an incredible value. You who are considering buying one can judge for yourself the driving dynamics and crisp shifting. as the car roars through curves as the engine growls and revs smoothly delivering power to the wheels and feedback to the driver. You can judge for yourself the intelligent and comfortable design for the driver - the visibility, the heads-up display, the heated leather seats and thoughtful location of HVAC and entertainment system. But what would be less obvious to you is the access to the oil drain pan and filter. Mazda installed a cover under the entire engine compartment. To change the oil, you remove a small access panel and beneath is easy access to both the oil drain plug and oil filter. While you who don't change your own oil may not ever access it, it speaks to Mazda's attention to detail and engineering prowess. If Mazda will put that much thoughtfulness into accessing the oil drain plug which most people won't see, you can rest assured they have put that kind of attention into the rest of the car all drivers will see. The car is seriously underpriced and is a much better value than MSRP. This is my first Mazda, and after owning this Mazda3, I am convinced that for Mazda, roads are meant be conquered not driven. Enjoy!

UPDATED: I've now owned this car for nearly three years. I've put just over 32,500 miles on the car. It is still a wonderful automobile to drive. No reliability issues. Tires still have about another year's of treadlife on them. All of the equipment is working as new. If I had quibbles with the car, I would note three, all of which may be addressed by the newer model. First, the car comes equipped with rain-sensing wipers. Usually, this works well, but sometimes it is slow to activate. Not a big deal.
I can manually activate the wipers. The windshield wiper stalk could use a better indication when it the auto-wipe feature is on. It's easy to miss that when you finish driving the car. The car also comes equipped with a walk-away lock feature. Usually, this works well but occasionally it doesn't activate. It might conflict with the mobile phone in my pocket, but I'm not sure. Finally, the power-window switches could be lighted. But these are quibbles. The car has been a pleasure to drive, and I would certainly buy another Mazda again. These are designed, built and equipped well beyond there price range.

Bad electronics
By Kelly

2015 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car has alarm, navigation and Bluetooth issues. Alarm goes off while driving, navigation turns off while driving and Bluetooth never works properly and often drops. Very disappointed of the cost of this vehicle.

Good value for the money.
By SoOC Car Enthusiast

2015 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bit more money than Civic, Corolla, etc. Drives like a sports sedan not an economy car. Slightly noisier than competition but driving experience more than makes up for that. Interior has rich, high quality feel. ZOOM ZOOM is more than mktg. slogan. Have owned for more than 1 year and 12,000 miles. 36 mpg average, not bad considering I drive fast when able.