Used 2014 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great Kids first car
By joe mayor

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Great car for the money

the good, the bad, and the ugly...
By Disappointed

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The good: Sharp looking car. Looks more expensive than it actually is. Seats are so comfortable I wish I could install them in my office. The (Potentially) Bad: 1) Car slides all over the place in the snow (my guess is because the back end is so light), so if you live in a place that gets winter weather, you should probably budget for a set of snow tires. (My prior 2005 Mazda3, did fine with all season tires in the same location. With snow tires, the 2014 handles fine.) 2) The navigation system looks like a cheap aftermarket add on; it is easy to see where it is located, but it doesn’t look integrated into the car. The Ugly: I’ve had repeated problems with my car. The infotainment system crashed multiple times, ultimately requiring a complete replacement. An ABS wiring module failed, and the car couldn’t be put into gear and had to be towed; it was out of service for over a week. Now my push button start has failed; the car can only be started using the emergency procedure and the doors won't lock. The key fobs are good; the problem is with the car. Overall, I'm disappointed with the number of electrical problems I've experienced with my car, particularly as two of them have resulted in major safety concerns.

Loved it at first.
By Brittany J

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really loved my Mazda3 at first. After 20,000 miles, however, I started having problems with it. This car is super comfortable and gets great gas mileage. That's about it. Almost every warning light is on in my dashboard, although nothing is actually wrong with the car. The power seats stopped working randomly. The entertainment navigation (round dial) FELL THROUGH the interior of the car. I hardly even use it, I don't know how this is even possible. Luckily, my hand is small enough to fit through the hole that it fell through. This just shows that the car was very cheaply made. The car is very, very slow when accelerating as well. I'm having all sorts of technical problems with it, and I just don't like this sedan as much as I thought I would.

The emotion of motion
By Jmc

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

If you want a reliable vehicle, a car that has the power and economy to go with it, can handle like a BMW with out the expensive price tag, you will not get to know all the mechanics by name, very safe, has the aggressive look and great gas mileage, superb technology,this the car for you. Enjoy the exhileration of exceleration.

Loved this car until it hit 80K
By S. Bradshaw

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I am a commuter and I fell in love with this car at first sight. It had everything I wanted: great gas mileage, bluetooth, and even a great look. The first 80k miles were bliss. I recommended this car to everyone that asked. Then it all went downhill. Be prepared for sensor failures to leave you stranded. I am outside the warranty because of mileage (almost completely highway). The brakes feel shaky. This is NOT a car to buy used beware.