Used 2005 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Super fun little car!
By Sam

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is super cute and so fun to drive. It has no problem getting up to speed, and at 201,000 miles it still has no issue. It gets a little louder at 90mph. I love going fast in it which may or may not be a good thing haha. It takes corners so well, and shifts super smoothly with the manual 5 speed. I bought it with 160,000 miles on it, and it was in nearly perfect condition then. I've repaired the normal parts like brakes, water pump, serpentine belt, and some front end stuff. The only bad thing I can say about it is I have almost put as much into it in repairs as I bought it for. Granted it is over 200,000 miles now, but none of the repairs have been major. I also have had an issue with headlights going out constantly. The plastic covers are very foggy too, so it is difficult to see at night. Besides those two things, I would drive my Mazda forever if I could! It gets decent gas mileage at 26 mpg, which I love! The seat warmers are amazing, bose speakers never let me down, and the 6 CD player is great. At this point, I just want to see how many miles it can go! I commute about an hour round trip per day, so the miles are accumulating quickly. I have faith in it :)

VERY FUN CAR
By Christopher Hester

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i bought this car from a buy here pay here lot not expecting much. during the test drive i noticed it likes to move! i drive this car daily and not a day goes by that im just not thrilled to jump in it and drive it to work! i took it on a road trip to see my mom about 500 miles away non stop driving and i couldn't have been happier with a car that has 180k miles on the clock. i took it to the race track by the house and for a cheap daily...it grips! i call it my green rocket. by far the best car ive ever owned! i will drive this car until the wheels fall off and then glue them back on and drive it some more =) wow! such a thrill to drive! p.s. i only paid $1900 usd for this car ;)

Great car
By Brandon

Get better clutch

Great car
By Lee

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a pleasure owning this car, just wish it held its value better for trade in/ resale.
Have moved on, now into a 2016 VW Passat. It was time.

Over 320,000 miles still going
By Lori

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda 3, I have over 320,000 miles on the engine still going strong. I wouldn't own another car!
2005 model 2.3