Used 2005 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used 3 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...38

Pros
Cons

Over 320,000 miles still going

Lori, 10/21/2015
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda 3, I have over 320,000 miles on the engine still going strong. I wouldn't own another car! 2005 model 2.3

Not Bad!

flow_motion, 01/17/2011
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used automatic Mazda 3 Sedan January of last year. It had about 103,000 KM. One year later, it's now at 123,000 KMS +... This car rocks! It's been very reliable, has caused me no trouble. The dealership have been extremely curtious, and polite. I'll definitely buy another Mazda! I agree with one person though, the accessories at the dealership are way over priced. Nonetheless, this car definitely packs in the "zoom zoom". The auto transmission should've been 5 speed rather then 4. Gas mileage in the city isn't good for a 4 cyl engine. Those are the negs... The pos outweigh the negs 10 fold! Love the red interior lights!

A Sad Day

Mike C, 11/28/2009
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd review here for this car and my last. I just traded it in last week with 184,000 miles. I couldn't have asked any more of this gem. Here is my list of maintenance and repairs over the last 4 years: 47 oil changes, 2 sets of spark plugs, 4 air filters, 2 sets of rubber, 1 radiator flush, 1 transmission flush, 1 set of brake pads, 2 head lights bulbs and 1 battery. All but the transmission flush was done myself. Unexpected repairs: Zero

Super fun little car!

Sam, 02/12/2018
SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is super cute and so fun to drive. It has no problem getting up to speed, and at 201,000 miles it still has no issue. It gets a little louder at 90mph. I love going fast in it which may or may not be a good thing haha. It takes corners so well, and shifts super smoothly with the manual 5 speed. I bought it with 160,000 miles on it, and it was in nearly perfect condition then. I've repaired the normal parts like brakes, water pump, serpentine belt, and some front end stuff. The only bad thing I can say about it is I have almost put as much into it in repairs as I bought it for. Granted it is over 200,000 miles now, but none of the repairs have been major. I also have had an issue with headlights going out constantly. The plastic covers are very foggy too, so it is difficult to see at night. Besides those two things, I would drive my Mazda forever if I could! It gets decent gas mileage at 26 mpg, which I love! The seat warmers are amazing, bose speakers never let me down, and the 6 CD player is great. At this point, I just want to see how many miles it can go! I commute about an hour round trip per day, so the miles are accumulating quickly. I have faith in it :)

Mazda 3 SP23 Manual

landj6, 09/15/2011
SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2005 new with 33 miles on it. I love my car!! Today it has 191,000 and not a single problem with it! I have kept up with the oil changes and have done some work, changed belts, plugs, ect. just as a preventative. I put gas in it, change the oil, change the tires and drive the crap out of it! I'm not easy on cars, as you can tell from the 191,000 miles on it in 6 years! I recently have been thinking about trading it in for an SUV, but just can't part with my awesome car yet!

12345...38