Used 1999 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Best Car Ever
By Nancy Smith

1999 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

Most comfortable car we ever owned. Very sharp looking with fake convertible top. Selling because husband died.

Green Godess of Greatness
By Doug Oswald

1999 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I have owned this 1999 Town Car Since June 1999 and only repair and replacement has been a blower fan, fuel pump, break pads,and rotors. Regular maintainance has been carefully performed. The passenger comfort is beyond outstanding.

Good car
By eli_10

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I'm 18 and its my first car, my dad gave it to me, it was his, privately owned not used as a taxi. I just hit about 87,500 and the car runs perfectly had some bumps with it gas pump broke on me a while ago but other than that i don't have any major issues with it.
Its old and needs some upgrades here and there but other than that its pretty good. But the one thing i dont like about it is that its so big! The drive itself is awesome, really smooth, you don't feel the road when driving and the steering is great, its like cutting through room temp butter with a hot knife.

Its got a pretty good sound system wouldnt say great but not bad for a Town car (i have the alpine sound system).

Biggest POS Ever
By lincolntc

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought it 3 months ago and Spent 1000 dollars so fat and need 1500 more. Bought Plugs, Fuel Pump $600, Fuel Filter, and more. Needs Intake Manifold , Valve cover gaskets, Coil Packs, Muffler, and Altinator. Im a Mechanic but with no money ever Because it is all spent on this Garbage I'm Done selling it to someone who would love to spend thousands on a car that was [non-permissible content removed] from the dealer. Btw The Car only has 88,000 Miles.

Its Good on Gas Because I Get to drive a half a trip and it gets towed back to my house.

I could go on for hours so everything electrical and Mechanical.

Don't Waste Your $$$
By rjbinwv

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 1999 Lincoln Town car in Feb. 2010 with the car only having 75ooo miles on it. The interior and exterior was in mint condition. Well........it is now Feb 2011 almost a year-to-date, and I have probably spent close to 2,000 dollars on this thing!!! I don't think I have ever hated a car as much as I hate this one! I HAD to change air suspension over to shocks, or it wouldnt pass inspection-500dollars. Countless coil packs, alternator, a/c compressor with clutch, NOW this past weekend smoke was pouring through the vents! I was like"what the crap is going on NOW?!" I have a broke heater core. It's a 60dollar part for a 700dollar job! Getting another car! Dont waste your money!!!!!!