Used 1994 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Town Car for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

A real sleeper...GREAT CAR!

Erik, 02/13/2010
Signature 4dr Sedan

89k miles when we got it, now 250k. Still runs fantastic, just burns a quart every 2-3k mi. Online Lincoln forum helps greatly to pinpoint repair issues and save repair costs. Same chassis as Crown Vic police interceptors so rodding mods available. Comfortable, huge interior and trunk, gets 24+ highway on regular gas, 21 mixed. "Greener" than most Subarus! Replaced expensive rear air springs with coils, $150 vs $2000, added Sensatracs and you can't tell the diff in the ride. Oil smoke problem at 150k miles is fixable, it's the right bank valve seals. 99% of perceived engine and tranny issues are cured with fresh Motorcraft copper plugs and Motorcraft plug wires every 50 k miles.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Most reliable car I have owned

dulciboy20198, 01/25/2011
Executive 4dr Sedan

Bought this car last year and I have put 20K miles on it. It has always started right up. At 176K the engine burns a little bit of oil. I average 20mpg with a combination of city (25%) and highway (75%) miles. The only issues I have had were the air suspension, climate control computer going bad, hinge pin going bad and the cornering lamp lens falling off.

awesome

todd, 03/14/2009
Cartier 4dr Sedan

just bought this for 2500 easily worth twice that. car is immaculate, and well serviced. absolutely stunning, and a joy to drive.

Very Nice

anonymous, 04/13/2009
Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle at 186k miles and it still runs perfect. This car is very reliable, comfortable and smooth.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Great Lincoln Exec

MERT, 07/14/2005
Executive 4dr Sedan

Great car! If the new ones get any smaller it will be the last Lincoln that I will buy.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Finally a car for the obese man!

MartinB.heart, 01/15/2003
Signature 4dr Sedan

I have always had trouble finding a car that could handle my girth, but after 20 years of blood, sweat, and tears I have finally found a car that is ideal for the obese man. The Lincoln town car can easily handle a driver weighing up to 600lbs, and I being a few pounds short of 480, am a very fortunate man indeed. Well, need I say more?

My Lincoln

Lincolnsforme, 01/30/2004
Signature 4dr Sedan

142,000 miles and it still looks and runs as good as new. The car has been very reliable.I had a 1989 Mark VII before I got the town car,I thought I would never find a car I likked as well as the LSC,but I was wrong,the Town Car is even better.

Great Car

J Rowland, 02/01/2003
Signature 4dr Sedan

This car has been one of the most pleasant, comfortable, and actually economical cars I've owned in the past 25 years. Currently I have 168K on the car and I still average 17mpg in the city and 26mpg on highway trips. The 4.6 engine has been a jewell, and has plenty of power for a car this size. The most expensive work performed on the car has been normal oil changes. My biggest complaint would be the cost of gasoline today.

Great Highway Cruiser

Rod103, 01/09/2004
Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought off a 2 year company lease at 1/2 price. Only 3 minor mechanical failures in 8 years. Dealer repair very expensive so did myself except for trunk auto latch at $192! Stay out of Lincoln dealers. Can drive at 72 mph on Interstate all day without any fatique. But wind noise increases above 72 mph due to old box body design. HWY mileage 25 mpg at 72 mpg. In-town drops to 17 mpg. Just started using 1 qt of oil by 3000 mile change.

many miles still going

tom greening, 10/01/2006

i would not change any thing about the 94 town car they are great

4.88 out of 5 stars

I like the comfort and quiet.

Mattt30, 03/22/2003
Signature 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 135,000 miles on it. On a recent 1200 mile highway trip at turnpike/interstate speeds of 60+ mph achieved 26.5 miles per gallon. It's a real cruiser!

130,000 and counting

Chris David, 12/31/2018
Executive 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in 2014 with 59,000 miles on it. Like most used cars, I have had to repair something on a monthly basis. So far I have rebuilt the Suspension, replaced the a/c compressor, power steering pump, alternator, tensioner, transmission rebuilt, window motors, and windshield wiper transmission. The car seems to suffer from heavy debris buildup in the cooling system which rendered the heater core useless after each winter, so I installed an aftermarket coolant filter which works wonders. This car doubles as a truck, and I pull a trailer with it quite often, so I also installed a secondary trans cooler and auxiliary magnetic hydraulic filter. I also installed the same filter for my PS fluid. I have also installed an aftermarket trans oil gauge, voltage meter, and oil pressure meter.

2 out of 5 stars

the review

bobbi fletcher, 10/22/2002
Signature 4dr Sedan

the car is built to be a pimp car and i love to drive it to the parties and formal dances. i get many looks from different people.

Outstanding

Wallace,J.E, 07/30/2005
Signature 4dr Sedan

The best car I've ever owned. The red color and paint are like new. Gas, oil,shocks,tires and battery are the only parts that have been replaced. Average overall gas mileage has been excellent. Highway - 24 to 26mpg. Town - 21 to 23mpg. with 4.6L, V8. An excellent automobile.

1 out of 5 stars

Most bad and dangerous car I've ever owned.

AN, 12/11/2019
Executive 4dr Sedan

I don't own this car anymore but this car is very dangerous and bad. The repair costs for this car are very expensive and the car breaks down easily. This car does not look great on appearance and the car has a very bad paint quality and the paint on this car's hood gets easily peeled off and faded. Also, this model year was equipped with the worst outdated ford transmission and has a rough ride with a bad wallow handling. The handling of this car is so wallow that it is hard to control and dangerous to drive it. If I were you I would buy the 1995 model year because it has a better look, better handling, newer updated ford transmission, more quiet, and far better ride quality than 1994. The worst year for the Lincoln is 1994.

4.25 out of 5 stars

94's have issues

Lincoln Man, 02/02/2003
Signature 4dr Sedan

Okay, I love Lincolns period. But I must admit, this one doesn't handle as well as my 89 did. Also there is a little secret I didn't know about the "94 4.6 liter engine". It burns oil like no body's business. When I first bought the car it was fine no smoking. But you let it sit in traffic and then take off, you will have a smoke screen behind you. I am using oils with additives in them and I am still consuming 3-4 quarts of oil between 3000 mile oil changes. I would recommend a newer model.

3.75 out of 5 stars

nice

TCfan, 02/11/2003
Signature 4dr Sedan

I love this car. This is my second towncar and its alot better than my old one. Better performance, reliabilty, and such. Love the trunk. Can fit my sound system, junk, and 3 baskets of laundry in it! Name me another car that can do that. You can also fit about 10 people inside the car if your good enough. Car is still holding up amazingly well for 140,000 miles. Still looks good. Everybody loves the car. Some people dont believe it has that many miles or that its a 1994.Be careful of the air suspensions on Fords. Make sure you turn it off before you lift it or else you'll pay for a new one.

4.5 out of 5 stars

wish I bought new

jkbflorida26, 03/18/2005
Signature 4dr Sedan

I can say I purchased with 98000 miles, I had to replace a little rubber T in the vac system 4.00 part. Air suspension has a small leak so now it leans a little on the passanger side. it seems like there is a slight miss in the engine, but probably needs a tune up, it has 103000 miles now. I am sure it was a great car new, so I cant down it, I purchased used. I will Buy another when this one goes.

5 out of 5 stars

The best car I ever bought

Kenneth Smith, 03/27/2004
Cartier 4dr Sedan

This car has it all. Beautiful ride and design. The cartier has all the styling that you could ever want in a car. I paid $4000 cash for mine. It's the best deal I ever made. From the moon roof to the powerful 4.6L engine,with 22 mpg city, you can't ask for more. I will always be a Lincoln owner.

Best car I ever drove.

Talis, 04/24/2007
Signature 4dr Sedan

I know, the Town Car is an "old man's car" so how can a 23 year old kid like one so much? Simple. My parents bought a '94 Town Car Signature new at the end of '93. Since that time it was a family hauler, took trips to Colorado and back (several times) and even moved a college kid and all his stuff; (at the risk of sounding bad) it has a trunk that can hold 5 bodies. My father sold the car at around 200K miles, and the person who bought it drove it to FL. The only other car that lasted so long and was so versatile was my father's '95 Camaro (but that's for another day).

1994 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series

Ben, 12/14/2017
Executive 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a few years back, it was owned by a older gentleman. Had 91k miles on it at the time but was all highway trips to Florida! Very well taken care of vehicle. Ive since then put 40k miles on it and had absolutely ZERO issues. I did give it a tune-up and other pre-maintenance things to it. But Ive got to say this almost 6,000 lb car is a freaking tank that will go through anything and everything in its way! And the motor is quiet and smooth, can barely hear it running! Love this thing! Best car ive owned so far...

51050