Used 2016 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

One Sweet Ride
By Hawkmoon

2016 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Best value and performance I could find in the market... And I did a ton of research. You have to test drive one. The car sold itself.

My Fantasy Failed! I'm Going Back To Cadillac!
By J Hickman

2016 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Our car is a 6 cyl AWD but it was not an option on the drop down menu. After a ear of wanting it we purchased it with 20k and at about 9 months old, to avoid massive depreciation of a new car. At 35k it has now been in the Service Dept three times. 1) Replace Heads 2) Replace most of the transmission 3) Compute and additional engine work (weeks after #2). The exterior and interior design of the car is very nice. The front cabin is ok for a luxury sports car. The technology is already obsolete which really angers me. The mechanics of the car infuriates me! Though we purchased an extended warranty we do not want to risk it with the tremendous amount of work it has already had so will be going back to Cadillac very soon.

Not my father's Lincoln
By Scott C in SoCal

2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A few years ago, I decided I wanted a hybrid, and I started looking into the various types. I decided I like the way Ford did it, and I found a good deal on a used Mercury Milan. I liked that car so much, when it came time for another one I decided I wanted another Ford - with features. Adaptive cruise was important, rear camera, blind spot monitoring, parking sensors, lane keep assist - these were all things I knew I wanted. Oh, and leather upholstery. And a good stereo system. I looked and Ford didn't have it, at least under the Ford badge. But Lincoln did. After a few months of searching I found an off-lease Lincoln MKZ with Reserve package, Technology package, THX sound system, and for good measure the seats with Active Motion (a massage feature). As a 2016, buying in 2017, I paid about half the price new, and I got it as a Lincoln CPO, which extended the warranty to 100K miles. I've had it for several weeks now, and I love this car. It's rated at 41mpg, I'm getting about 43 on my commute. It's comfortable, it makes my drive less stressful, the ride is smooth enough to relax, yet taut enough to give handling confidence, and I'm so glad I bought it. I've only played with the seat massage a few times, but on long trips when my legs start to cramp up, this will be exactly what I need. Good job, Lincoln.

Hot !!!
By Karen Lahr

2016 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Best car ever !!!

PLEASE READ THIS LINCOLN. I'VE HAD 4 MKZs now.
By bobh

2016 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had 4 MKZ's in a row and that should tell you that "overall" I was pretty pleased with the car. As they continued to improved, I continued to try the next version. First, the good stuff! 1//// Runs on regular gas. 2//// I can't say enough about that 4 cyl. ecoboost engine. My previous 3 had v6 3.7, so I was expecting an egg beater similar to some 4 cyl Volvo's I had tried. THAT ENGINE is incredibly quiet, quick and smooth. I can be going 70 and kick it and be at 95 in a flash. Really a marvelous engine. 3//// The quick fill gas tank that has no cap to unscrew...you'll LOVE it. 4///// Seats are better-than-average-comfortable but still not to die for like some of the Euro's. 5/////// Unlike the heavy iron Euros I've had in the past from Germany and England (at the time), the wheels don't get black from brake dust. 6////// The fold down rear seats have come in handy many times. 7///////// A lot of car people trashed the split wing grill but I'll tell ya, I've had more than a few tell me they like it a lot. HELL, if ya wanna trash a front end, look at whatever it is LEXUS is doing! Downright UGLY. I don't mind it all but if it were true chrome it may have added some sparkle. I DO like it better than the 2017 grill because that grill looks more like an old time heating regulator you'd find in old houses to let heat rise up from below. HOWEVER, from a 45 degree angle it looks REALLY good, head-on though, it's just doesn't look "refined". Surprised they didn't dress it up more in the Continental. 8/// The 4 cyl is pretty fuel efficient and I don't miss the 6 cyl at all and yes, I do have a heavy foot at times. 9///// It just runs well and drives just fine for a sedan. OKAY NOW FOR SOME OF THE BAD STUFF. 1///// The look of the dash etc. is just fine and kinda cool as well......BUT............THE NAV SCREEN (et al.) needs to be set in and angled to prevent sunlight glare. Mid-Day in Florida where the sun shines 350 days a year? Forget about it, you can barely see it at max lumination settings. Also, by sticking out at the angle it's on, it shows ALL FINGERPRINTS and you'll be wiping that screen continuously. Looks crappy. It needs to be set back with a hood and maybe angled more vertically. 2//////They did away with sync for life of car so it expires after 6 months. It's nice to have but not worth the extra money in my opinion. They're my two biggest gripes and that screen the biggest. I'm told there might be some interesting changes coming in 2018 and if some issues are addressed then, I'll probably get another. Otherwise, it's off to Europe again.