Used 2009 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

Does it run?
By kydna

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 MKZ has just over 58,000 miles. Had to have front brakes replaced at 54000. Now engine has a misfire for the second time. No reason for this issue. Rear window defroster is bad. Back window has to be replaced to fix problem. Drives seat warmer needs to be replaced. Car has spent more time in the repair shop than on the road. Will never buy another Lincoln or Ford product.

Air bags
By John Rowe

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought our 2009 2 years ago for the comfort and ride, almost immediately received the recall from Lincoln for the airbag from Takata. I received this week a notice that Takata is bankrupt both in Japan and US. Lincoln will not tell me if the replacement of the airbags will occur in my lifetime. I am certain they are building new cars with another non Takata airbag supplier. As you can imagine, the resale value with those airbags has diminished. While I am a safe driver, I still fear penetrating injuries from the "safety" feature, many in the face. If Ford can build new cars with airbags, why the long delay in repairing the problem for its established customers? All that being said, I enjoy using the car for long drives , mostly Wisconsin to Colorado {vacation home} and Tennessee {where my son was doing his residency} Those cooled seats are great on hot summer days and nights.

I'm a Ford man
By Wichard

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

1969 Mustang, 1971 Mustang, , 1976 Maverick, 1979 Fairmont Futura, 1990 Ranger PU, 1994 F150 PU, and now a 2009 Lincoln MKZ. Bought used in 2015 with 50k miles on it. Runs great. Only problem was with the gumming up of the variable valve timing [VVT] cam advance due to low mileage and not using synthetic oil. Love the big bright tail lights. Dosen’t come standard with daylight running safety lights for some reason. Took it from Texas to Florida and it ran great down IH10. Wife likes the heated and cooled seats.

Very nice car
By Alan Krug

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice, reliable vehicle. Recommended. It's built on the Fusion platform but they would have to melt down two Fusions to make one MKZ. Four years later, with 60,000 mils, it's still a great vehicle. A classic. Recommended.

I love this car !!!
By Martin mccowan

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been driving Lincolns for over 20 years as a limousine driver.
Both stretch limos and sedans
Drive for a limo service that had the MKS.. Loved them
This is my FIRST personally owned Lincoln and I absolutely love this car.
Fun to drive, handles great, PLENTY of features.
Looking forward to seeing how the AWD gets me around this winter.