2020 Lincoln Aviator Hybrid Consumer Reviews

$68,800

Save as much as $5,079
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Hybrid potential recall problem

MikeH, 11/04/2020
Black Label Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 10A)

We leased a 2020 Black Label unit (white with white interior) absolutely gorgeous! What a great ride. Averaging 38 mpg between battery and gas.Then one day, it threw a check engine code. 10 days in the shop and no one could figure it out so the computer was reset and we were on the road again. One week after that, the unit stopped in the middle of a busy intersection with my wife driving. We turned off the battery and went straight to gas and limped to the dealer with the check engine light again. After 40 days in the shop, it became a lemon. No clue from Detroit and only an idea from the dealer. The unit was completely torn apart and they did find a factory bolt in the chassis that was too long protruding into the wiring harness and had worn the wires. Their best idea is that this was a QC issue at the factory and this long bolt may be in all of them. The wear was possibly causing a short and false codes on the dash and an inconsistency in the hybrid mechanism. We have a new vehicle coming and we're hoping for the best because we absolutely LOVED this vehicle - - - when it ran. New vehicle came. Got it home and found out the charge cable was bad. Went back quickly to the dealership and they were able to give me the working cable out of my last Aviator. Had the new Aviator for several months now with no repeat of the problems from the last vehicle. My wife is absolutely thrilled - and - I'm jealous! Super Super nice vehicle.

2020 Lincoln Lemon

Colorado Driver, 03/01/2021
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 10A)

Our 2020 Aviator Grand Touring made it a grand total of 1,600 miles before Ford agreed to buy it back under the Colorado Lemon Law. The car was delivered to us without any heat working, the check engine light came on before we even put gas in the first time. After two visits to the dealer they replaced the entire computer which fixed the CEL but still no heat. A week later the entire air suspension collapsed rendering the car undriveable. Three weeks later the car is still at the dealer with no ETA on repair, the parts are not available. We owned the car 10 weeks and it spent 5 of those at the dealer. Fortunately Lincoln has moved quickly on the claim but this will be our first and last Ford product. We'll be replacing this with an Audi this weekend.

Never again

C. Duncan, 07/01/2021
Black Label Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 10A)

I would never buy a Lincoln again. The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. My Aviator left the Livermore Lincoln lot with missing bolts, hood completely misaligned and dirty. They actually delivered it the next day so they had plenty of time to check it. Now it been 5 month and the Ford Lincoln dealership finally took a look at it. Low and behold they found several things wrong and don't even want to touch it. Sent me back to to the Livermore dealership and it been a month. Called Lincoln Corp line and they did a conference call and was going to do a follow-up. It been an additional week and haven't heard from them. I had a ford truck once and pretty much the same customer service. I have bought people 6 new GM product in the past 20 years and never had a issue with customer service. When I bought my CTSV tire had a problem and corporate called me within 24 hours and replaced all 4 tires. Going back to GM.

Ad
Build Your Aviator Reserve
At a Glance:
  • 5 Trims
  • $57,110starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Lincoln
MSRP for Reserve vehicle. Excludes destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Optional equipment not included. Starting A, Z and X Plan price is for qualified, eligible customers and excludes document fee, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Not all vehicles qualify for A, Z or X Plan. Vehicle image shown is for illustration purposes only and may not be base vehicle.