Used 2017 Lexus RX 450h Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used RX 450h for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Works fine, last a long time

Thomas Owens, 05/15/2018
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my 3rd of the Lexus RX. It has all the Bells and Whistles, and is fun to drive. Very quiet, and quick, very responsive. Just wish it didn't bitch after 20 seconds of not holding the steering wheel. Otherwise, it would be autonomous for the most part. I enjoy the "Brake Hold" feature that allows me to take my foot off the brake while waiting for the traffic light to change. The Brake Hold ON should be the default. The Dynamic Cruise Control is outstanding. It allows the vehicle to keep pace with the car ahead maintaining speed and a safe distance selected by the driver. But most importantly, it's fun to drive, quiet enough to carry on a conversation with my inside voice (at highway speeds) and is very comfortable. With AWD, the vehicle can get out of alignment very easily and needs to be realigned regularly. With this in mind, I purchased a 3 year alignment plan from Goodyear. The last time I had it aligned, they wanted to charge me $25 to have some electronic steering control reset. I asked if this was similar to having Low Headlight Fluid. Then I told them that I was planning to call the Dealership and ask them about this reset BS. They immediately took it off the list. With the lock down, I haven't been driving as much as usual. With only 37,000 miles on this puppy, it's still working great, keeping it fresh and new looking and won't allow anyone to eat in the car, resulting in that "new car smell." Hopefully the newness will last until I trade this puppy for another in 2025 or 2026. The RX is the best selling vehicle that Lexus makes. The hybrid is even better. I'm looking forward to the LF-1 Limitless, which seems to be the RX future replacement. Way to go Lexus...

Worst RX & Lexus I’ve ever owned!

Al, 12/06/2018
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This this my 4th Lexus and most likely my last one. My other 3 Lexus vehicles were great! They were truly built to last! But with this one: 2017 RX450h, Lexus started doing the same thing as other vehicle manufacturers-making vehicles last only till certain mileage. After that, it starts breaking down. Gone are the days when a Lexus vehicle would take you around the globe with only scheduled oil change. Very sad to see this brand go down this way. Issues I encountered within one year of driving it: 1) Before 10k miles fuel injector in cylinder 4 was gone. Engine rattled and whole car vibrated 2) At 38k miles all 6 injectors had to be replaced. 3) At 39K miles break booster was gone, some weird noise appeared between dashboard and engine compartment when breaking. 4) Engine noise is very loud on this hybrid, muffler is sort of sporty and loud too(makes no sense on a crossover, especially Hybrid) 5) Driver seat is most uncomfortable seat ever. 6) Head room for driver & tall people in general is horrible. 7) Interior leather material is cheap. 8) Windshield is too big and wipers keep collecting snow on left pillar, horrible in winter, you have to constantly clean it with your hands. I don’t think Lexus had tested this vehicle in winter conditions at all.

450H

Zee, 08/30/2018
F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's great vehicle

My best Lexus yet

KarenM, 02/27/2020
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my 3nd Lexus. I had a 2001 Rx300. A 2004 RX330, and now a 2017 RX450h. I never had any issues with any of my vehicles. I think this is one of the best Lexus I have every own. I have had my Lexus for 8 months now. Its really quite, great acceleration, I love the lane assistance. And the ride is smooth. The only thing, I have had issues with is learning all of the menu controls. I am still finding things out about this SUV. My husband bought this for me, as a gift, but I would still have chose this the RX450h. I had a Acura 2005 MDX touring. Now, I will always own a Lexus.

Lexus Quality Throughout

Jsweetwtr, 08/12/2020
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Extremely comfortable and easy to handle. Also very quiet. It is a pleasure to drive!