Skip to main content

Used RX 400h for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great Hybrid SUV

Karin, 01/29/2016
updated 08/01/2016
2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Loved this car from the minute we bought it new. Nearing 80,000 miles and no complaints! Only some paint chips on door edges. Not buying a new one though. Don't like the new design and new screens. No more touch screens - uses a mouse! OMG! They went backwards!

3.5 out of 5 stars

Love Hate Relationship

G Henry, 10/17/2007
2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my RXh for 4 months and I love it, and I hate it. It is comfortable, safe, easy to drive, quiet, stunning Levinson audio system and more but mine has problems with the regeneration. My regeneration worked perfect until the battery pack showed fully charged. Ever since then the regen works about 60% of the time. Two dealers have looked at it and found nothing. Now I have video proof I will take in this week to see how they will ignore my issue. If you get 19-22 mpg in the city your regen is also not working well. When it is working and you drive responsibly you will get 27 in the city. The RXh is wonderful and smooth and safe, but I bought a hybrid and expect it to work.

Wonderful Car

slo-jim, 11/03/2010
2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My RX 400h has been the very best, most reliable vehicle I have owned; buying my first car in 1967. Gas mileage has been super, averaging 28.5 MPG since day one. it is solid, very comfortable, has lots of power and a joy to drive. I recommend this car to anyone who wants a quality, energy efficient hybrid!

I bought it used...

Larry Campbell, 10/15/2017
updated 10/20/2020
2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the car three weeks ago with 127k miles on it. It has clearly had very good care taken of it and is in excellent condition. It is hard to believe that a car can have 127k miles on it, and still look, drive, ride and feel like this one. I am very used to Toyota's hybrid system as we have had 5 Prius in the past. Yes, they are much smaller and get amazing mileage, and I know how to squeeze every mile out of a gallon of gas with a hybrid. But I am not getting quite the mileage I was hoping for out of this RX. I am averaging in the mid 20's range. Not bad, but could be a little better. The technology, body construction, interior finishes and running gear on the car are all nothing short of amazing. It is definitely the nicest care I have ever owned. I'm hoping to drive it a a couple hundred thousand more miles.

Excellent Vehicle

ramskifast, 08/26/2013
updated 08/26/2016
2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle with 64K miles on it. Now I have 102K. My worse tank was 24mpg and the best was 29.25mpg. I seem to average between 25 and 27.50 with mixed driving. High speed highway (75-84) is only around 22. When I get the higher mileage it's usually when most of the driving is at lower speeds as you would expect. I noticed a review of this vehicle by someone stating poor mileage. There was either something wrong with the vehicle or it was due to poor driving habits. Way too many people blast up to the light and hit the brakes. Then they hit the gas hard taking off. Dumb-de-dumb. If you use softer driving habits you will get 26-28. You have to be thinking hybrid. Smart drivers will see the good mileage. Navigation works well with two exceptions. First is it's incredibly dumb that a passenger can not program the vehicle while the car is in motion. Second is the warning notice which displays for 5 or 6 seconds everytime you hit the NAV button. There should be a way to stop it from doing that.

3 out of 5 stars