Used 2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

2000 Lexus RX 300 4WD
By Tim

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Not too impressed by this car. Has lots of problems. Sensors go all the time, the ignition coils go a lot and they cost $95 a piece (6 of them will cost you close to $600 not including labor costs), if the check engine light comes on (which comes on all the time) the car will usually not shift into overdrive, the back spark plugs are almost impossible to change because the manifold is in the way and many many more. I thought Toyotas were reliable but I was wrong. I won't buy a Lexus or Toyota again.

Looks good, thats about it.

Too many to list.

Best suv ever.
By Stuart

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

I love the car! It has plenty of power all around. The interior comfort is great for long trips. I love the way it drives like a sedan, but still feels like an suv. I also like the peace of mind its many safety features give you. The interior is surprisingly roomy and luxurious. It is the first car I've ever had that keeps reseling itself. The more I drive it the more I love it. I have had it for over eight years. I have never had a problem except for routine service. I am sold on Lexus quality. I still receive compliments on it all the time. Even after eight years it still doesn't look outdated at all. I also enjoy the lexus premium sound system and the six disc cd changer. It sounds great.

The excellent service I get from my Lexus dealer, outstanding reliability, gas mileage, Lexus premium sound systemm is better than my home surrouund sound, six disc cd changer, storage space, quality of materials.

A single in dash cd player would be nice in addition to the changer. Larger fuel tank, better turning radius, add compass and miles to empty to information display

My RX 300 Rocks!
By RX350 Rocks

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this used in California on vacation and shipped it to Indiana. Very fun to drive. And we can't believe it's almost 8 years old. Just got timing belt, water pump and serpentine belt changed at 97,000 miles. It drives like a new car and is good for another 100k! We plan on driving this for a very long time. We've been through two snowy winters and it drives great. Its styling still looks pretty modern and I like it a lot better than the 330. It's got no blind spots. One thing to note, check Toyota dealerships for major maintenance work...found to be a lot cheaper than Lexus dealers!

Love the key remote feature where all the windows and sunroof can be opened remotely. Comes in handy on hot days when I'm walking to the car! Interior is flawless. Exterior is the same. Styling is very classy and perfect.

Bigger gas tank. Mileage is okay for AWD (@ 20mpg overall). But gas tank is too small and feels like we don't get great mileage since we fill up often. They made the tanks bigger after the 2001 model year.

I love my Lexus!
By luv my lexus

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this car used and have had no problems with it at all. I take my RX 300 in regularly for oil changes and that's about it. I currently have 78k on the car now and hope to drive it for another 100 thousand miles or more! I would recommend this car used over many other brand new makes and models. Although my vehicle is almost 7 years old now, I trust it's reliability 100%.

Everything! I love the sunroof, leather interior and sound system.

Turning radius isn't the greatest. No other suggestions. The car is absolutely wonderful!

Just about the best!
By HansMom

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this car used and have been extremely pleased. It is the perfect size, perfect height for getting in and out of, and handles beautifully in winter driving. We have had very few maintenance issues, though have put a little money into repairs. Our complaints: no shoulder strap for middle rear position, front seats don't adjust quite enough so that the seat is too flat for us, sometimes hesitant at fast accelerations... but one learns to drive it as is. Great car for nearly anyone, though you do find yourself at the gas pump fairly often! I would prefer this car as is over most newer makes and models. Visibility is better than with the newer RX 330.

Height: good for easy enter/exit, assume is safer vs. sedan, great on snow and fun to drive.

Shoulder strap in middle rear seat position, more range in front seat positioning. CD changer in dash vs. removable cassette -- very awkward to make changes... so I rarely do.