Used 2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )

325,000 MILES AND GOING STRONG
By DAN SCHMIDT

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

My 2000 LX470 just turned 325K miles. It doesn't use a teaspoon of oil between 7K mile oil changes. Just put a new aftermarket exhaust system on it. I have used regular gas since day 1. Depending on highway or city driving, I have consistently gotten anywhere from 14-17 mpg. That has not changed in 18 years. The best car I've ever owned. It owes me nothing. I love it as much as the day I got it. Never thought I'd own a car/truck for 18 years. The paint is still beautiful. I am emotionally attached to this truck.

336000 miles no problems, yet.
By Jaylan Gupta

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

The only thing about this car i dont like about this car is the MPG i get around 10, however that is after 16 years and 336000 miles.

Super
By Calvin Hall

Dependability
Well maintained

Passionate pursuit of imperfection
By amanthin

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Had this SUV for a long time now, and the quality of the vehicle is terrible. Too many issues and too many costly repairs. I have under 100k miles on this.
Issues:
1 CD.. Disks get stuck in the player
2 Ignition went out, and it cost me $1200 (non-dealership) to fix it. I was told that Lexus placed the starter in such a position that it takes a min of 4 hrs to replace. A similar replacement on American cars take less than 1hr.
3. The Antenna doesn't go down. Didn't fix this.
4. Shock are leaking oil and needed replacement. $2500
5. Recently the ignition switch actually broken when turning the key. What a crappy engineering using cheap metals. $1200. The dealer says it is normal.

Rides well as long as you don't have issues.

Improve Quality and stop using cheap materials. For all others... Please stay away from Lexus. At least American cars are cheaper to fix.

Best so Far
By Scott

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Have owned my 2000 LX470 (90,000 miles) for almost a month. It has been the best car I have ever owned by a long shot. The ride and handling are top notch. Not quite as fast as my Denali, but very smooth. It will climb over just about anything too, but you hate to take it off road because it's too good looking to take a chance on scratching it. My only complaints so far is the tiny plastic cover that covers the little window that displays the time and temperature is coming off. Also my moon roof may have a short in it as it takes several tries to get it closed. It also has more buttons in it than any other vehicle I have ever owned. Be prepared to read the owners manual.

Ride and handling

Bigger side view mirrors and I never did like the third row set up. The seats are in the way and it looks bad.