Used 2009 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Melting Interior
By H. Tran

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The rating would have been much higher if the door panels are not melting. The door panels and the areas around the steering, glove box, the sides of the consoles are very soft and easily dent. You can accidentally poke your nails in any of those areas and leave a mark or a dent. Those areas has a soft melting touc. I heard there were recalls on the newer models for those interior parts. I hope they will do a recall soon for the 2009 models. I bought this car originally from Florida, so I guess the heat in Florida cause these interior parts to get very soft and melt.

Can Not Beat The Reliability
By Pete Smith

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I bought mine as a Certified Car. while that costs anywhere from $1500 to $2000 more it's well worth extra $$. The extended warranty not so much based on the number of miles one drives. I don't drive a lot. The only thing I've had to do in 6 1/2 years is change oil on schedule and change batteries. I'm so sold on this car that I'm now looking for my third V-8 LS that will take me deep into retirement. Don't like the idea of a 6 cylinder big car.

Great ride for the money
By Mike

2009 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I wanted a dependable used car with style, comfort, awd, and power. I did a lot of online research and narrowed it down to Lexus for overall ride and dependability. I purchased it with 103k on it and haven't had any issues in 10k miles. Engine sounds smooth, and runs strong, like new. Its at home on the highway with plenty of passing power. The LS 460 isn't flashy but turns heads, exactly what i wanted.

Best car I'd ever driven in my life!
By Alan

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is the 3rd Lexus I'd owned (2002 SC430, 2009 ES350) and the best Lexus! I bought it as used in 10/2014, I'd been enjoy driving it everyday! The V8 is powerful, smooth and quite. I really love this car!

2009 LS 460 AWD!!! Best decision!
By jasver

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

You work hard all of your life, you deserve this car. If you are considering it, you will never regret the decision. The car handles very well, and gives you the choice on the type of suspension you prefer. It is very responsive.
You will feel safe and wrapped up in this vehicle.
If you are looking for screaming performance, then you may want to look elsewhere, this ride is for those who just want a comfortable "couch on wheels" feel.

My favorite feature is the automatic trunk. When you have tons of items in your hands, it helps that you do not have to fish any keys out. Just walk up to your car, and touch the trunk touchpad. Love that feature!

Honestly the NAV system is pretty antiquated. You will hear the same thing echoed in most of the Lexus forums. Lexus really needs to make a better NAV system, but no worries, it does not hamper my admiration for this well built machine.