Used 2009 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Can Not Beat The Reliability
By Pete Smith

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I bought mine as a Certified Car. while that costs anywhere from $1500 to $2000 more it's well worth extra $$. The extended warranty not so much based on the number of miles one drives. I don't drive a lot. The only thing I've had to do in 6 1/2 years is change oil on schedule and change batteries. I'm so sold on this car that I'm now looking for my third V-8 LS that will take me deep into retirement. Don't like the idea of a 6 cylinder big car.

Great ride for the money
By Mike

2009 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I wanted a dependable used car with style, comfort, awd, and power. I did a lot of online research and narrowed it down to Lexus for overall ride and dependability. I purchased it with 103k on it and haven't had any issues in 10k miles. Engine sounds smooth, and runs strong, like new. Its at home on the highway with plenty of passing power. The LS 460 isn't flashy but turns heads, exactly what i wanted.

Best car I'd ever driven in my life!
By Alan

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is the 3rd Lexus I'd owned (2002 SC430, 2009 ES350) and the best Lexus! I bought it as used in 10/2014, I'd been enjoy driving it everyday! The V8 is powerful, smooth and quite. I really love this car!

2009 LS 460 AWD!!! Best decision!
By jasver

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

You work hard all of your life, you deserve this car. If you are considering it, you will never regret the decision. The car handles very well, and gives you the choice on the type of suspension you prefer. It is very responsive.
You will feel safe and wrapped up in this vehicle.
If you are looking for screaming performance, then you may want to look elsewhere, this ride is for those who just want a comfortable "couch on wheels" feel.

My favorite feature is the automatic trunk. When you have tons of items in your hands, it helps that you do not have to fish any keys out. Just walk up to your car, and touch the trunk touchpad. Love that feature!

Honestly the NAV system is pretty antiquated. You will hear the same thing echoed in most of the Lexus forums. Lexus really needs to make a better NAV system, but no worries, it does not hamper my admiration for this well built machine.

'09 Lexus LS 460L Love it
By lj

2009 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Second LS for us. previous 2003 LS w/ 185,000 miles and did have some issues w/ suspension reliability, but otherwise bullet proof. 2009 LS Luxury package, longwheel base, is a real cruiser, loads of power, owned now for 6mos. w/o any complaints. Mark Lev.stereo is a dream. recent cross country trip, was shocked to look down to notice speedo @ 100mph by mistake on open road and ride was effortless and under total control, scary quiet. best mileage at 65, was 28mpg figured by hand. still discovering buttons and features.

Body style, interior comfort, smooth power, effortless driving.

roof line of new body style is a little low when entering the car, I'm only 6ft tall, but have to duck down more than the more upright roof line of the 2003 LS