Used 2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (106 reviews )

Over Priced
By Dan Tucker

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Big problem with the odometer. Mileage may read 42,500 and I'll drive around the block and the odometer will read 43,000. for 2017 the odometer changed about 9,000 mile more than actual miles driven. Dealership (Key's) said this is a problem with is year 2005 ls 430 and there's nothing they can do. I have kept the car because of the loss in trade in value because of mileage. Current reading is 79,000 should be around 42,500, I have three cars I drive and I'm retired.

Great Luxury car with reasonable price
By Cal

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The LS430 is a great choice for a used luxury car. I own a used car dealership in Nashville and have owned and driven many cars in the past 20 years including Benz, Lexus IS 350 and GS 350. The LS 430 has the best ride and comfort. I also own a 2005 Benz E320 and it’s very fun to drive, and is superior to the LS430 when it comes to cornering as it has less body roll and better feel of the Road . The LS430 has very quiet ride and you can’t hear the engine or feel the transmission when it shifts between gears. The LS 430 is very capable and can be driven as a sport car especially with the sports mode shifter and it has a small turning radius like any small car.

"Downgraded" to an LS 430 but best upgrade ever!
By Happy Owner

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in an almost new Lexus GX470 for a 2005 Lexus Ls 430 and it was one of the best decisions I've made! The LS430 is truly head and shoulders above the GX (albeit a different category of vehicle altogether). I've owned various lexus models (GX, SC, ES), but this is my favorite yet. The quality and comfort of this vehicle is amazing. I'm disappointed that Lexus has lost a lot of the quality over the past few years. I was considering a new LS, but honestly the quality of the new model isn't the same (even if it has a number of advanced features to offset the difference in quality). I looked for the best condition LS43s0 I could find and ended up finding one that looked brand new inside and out with only 26k miles and one owner. Money wasn't a factor in trading in the GX (I just never could get myself to love it), but walking away with $20k+ as part of the trade in was definitely nice. I'm even considering looking for and buying another equally well kept LS430 to store to replace this one when it's seen more use. However, knowing about the legendary reliability of this car, that may not happen anytime soon. If you are thinking about buying one, don't hesitate. Cars just aren't produced like this anymore.

LS 430 the best
By Mark luth

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Best reliable car I have ever owned with one exception. I hardly ever have trouble with it. The only thing I don't like is the plastic headlamps! And all cars have em. I keep mine very immaculate and they are not hazy but that is what happens to all the cars after they get to be a few years old and or condensation gets inside and that is not good go back to glass please !!! I highly recommend this car and imo it beats the new 460 on reliability.

My twin brother car
By Mark Hunt

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The 2005 Lexus 430 LS is the best luxury driving machine I.ever driven. I have taken several long trips in it with my brother to the coast of florida . I drove it all the time. What a experience it was. I couldn't feel the road at all. I feltl like I was floating down the interstate. Awesome Mark Levinson sound system made the ride even more enjoyable. Heated and cooled seats long with plenty of trunk space just to mention a few extras. I don't understand why Lexus would quit making this particular model. It has the European look that makes it stand out even more. The quality in this vehicle is excellent. Why would you take perfection and make a mess out of it?