Used 1996 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Reviews

Used LS 400 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Lexus LS400 '96

motamedd, 07/09/2003
4dr Sedan

Have not had any problem with this car. This is a car that should last you a good 1/2 million miles.

Excellent, but costly to maintain

Great Car, 04/02/2005
4dr Sedan

I purchased a beautiful black 1996 LS 400 with factory chrome wheels in 2004. I thought, well, yes the car is 8 years old. However, it is a LEXUS and it only had 78,000 miles. I have never owned a better riding car. Ride is very quiet and smooth. Build quality is excellent and interior features and creature comforts represent true luxury. However, keep in mind that this car is also expensive to maintain. I have just called to set up an appointment for the routine 90,000 mile service and the price tag? $1,500 ! This is not for repairs, just routine maintenance. I consider that a lot, however, I guess most people who own these cars from brand new would have no problem affording it.

My First Lexus

GKLCPA, 10/01/2006
4dr Sedan

I've no brand loyalty and have never purchased the same car twice. I believe that will change now. I purchased a 1996 LX 400 with 37,000 miles on it and have been driving it around this weekend. The only thing I can say about this car is that it is incomparable to any other vehicle I've owned. (I've owned Mercedes 190E, BMW535i, Maxima and Volvo 740 Turbo). It beats them all. The ride and build quality is simply superb. I had the car up to 90 mph on the highway and it felt like I was going 50 mph. It is the perfect road car and I see myself getting years of service from this car. I'm quite pleased with my purchase.

GREAT

EDDIE, 05/03/2003
4dr Sedan

I HAVE OWNED THIS CAR FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS SO FAR AND IT HAS BEEN THE BEST. I WAS CONSIDERING A 1995 BMW 740I BUT AFTER DRIVING THIS ONE I WILL NEVER GO BACK. THE JAPANESE KNOW HOW TO BUILD QUALITY , LONG LASTING CARS. I RECOMMEND THESE TO ANY ONE WANTING TO BUY A RELIABLE LUXURY CAR.

Like The Lex

zman1996, 07/08/2003
4dr Sedan

We got this car in 1995. Nothing went wrong until about 80000 miles when a belt simply wore out. It has been a great car. I love its power and the ride is like driving on air. My whole family is jealous of it.

12345...6