Skip to main content

$53,250

Save as much as $2,919
Select your trim:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

love my 2021 gx 460 premium w/ sport package

Louis C, 02/27/2021
updated 03/02/2022
2021 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Don't listen to negative reviews, i was shopping around Range rovers, Mercedes suv and this Lexus Gx since i drove a GS 350 which was bulletproof reliable. The range rovers have awful reliability complaints, mercedes are nice but don't hold their value well so i went to Lexus and test drove this 2021 Gx with sport pack and fell in love. The infotainment system is plain but works and im getting 14.5-16.5 mpg in city and 19-20 mpg in hwy which is not bad for a v8. Love the triple beam headlights ! it makes it look almost like a new bodystyle Gx even though its a refresh. This car with the sport package, 19 inch black wheels and white paint exterior turns heads. I was looking at 2020 pre owned and they are almost same price as the deal i got on new one, these hold value very well so you won't have to be thousands upside down when its time to trade like a range rover junk or mercedes and on top of that its bulletproof reliable ! Today is 3/1/22 and i still feel the same about my GX , great vehicle and such a mean looking presence with the sport package when i drive or see another on the road :)

5 out of 5 stars

Solid and reliable! Old school quality!

MrBill, 02/17/2021
2021 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

First Lexus in our household and chose this one over the RX-350. GX460 has more headroom and is a heavier vehicle overall. Ours has the Premium Plus package and Sport Appearance Group (black onyx/ecru) and looks great. The Mark Levinson sound system is outstanding and this vehicle will go just about anywhere in style. No, it doesn’t have all the latest tech features but we’re perfectly happy with the layout and ease of use of its controls and its suite of safety features is very good. Gas mileage is not great but safety and reliability should be outstanding as well as resale value. It’s definitely not a one size fits all SUV but for our purposes we think it’s a great choice.

2 out of 5 stars

Lexus continue to nickle and dime GX customers!

Vlad S., 02/01/2021
2021 Lexus GX 460 Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Someone at Lexus decided to remove the passenger side mirror auto-dimming feature from the 2021 GX 460 after having it available on a GX since 2010! My Father's 2006 ES 330 and my wife's 2015 RX 350 both have dual auto-dimming mirrors, but my $70k brand sparkling new GX doesn't because Lexus decided to do yet another cheap skate trick to their most loyal customers! None of the Lexus vehicle have the cult following like the GX do and yet Lexus continues to rob us of one feature after another. My 2008 GX 470 had air suspension and rear height adjustment standard across all trim lines along with the wood and leather streeing wheel...and a single $3k package automatically included Navigation, Backup camera and Mark Levinson stereo. Now in order to get all of the above-mentioned features, once must opt for the top of the line Luxury model costing nearly $15k more than the base trim and even then they must still pay extra for Mark Levinson stereo! And it's still not enough for the Lexus bottom line! Now they saved another ($100?) with the anti-glare removal from the passenger side mirror...something that is available on EVERY other Lexus vehicle, some selling for over $20k less than the GX 460! SHAME on you Lexus! You have lost a very loyal customer by your decision to save a dime! No more Lexus for me going forward!

2021 GX White w Sepia interior

MJ, 12/16/2021
2021 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Nice looking, rugged SUV drives smoothly on the highway. Potholes are a non-issue and is quiet inside. I've had the car for 10 months and 10k miles and has been terrific. Considered Audi Q7, Range Rover, and MB GLE. Chose GX for reliability and (eventual) resale value. Confident I won't regret the decision. Safety tech is quite good. Infotech, as noted, isn't state of the art, but that wasn't important to me. I really hate non-maintenance visits to dealership which I expect will be minimal with the GX. Vehicle is roomy inside but narrow compared to other SUV's. Makes it easier to park but, if you're considering the GX, you should be aware it's a few inches more narrow than alternatives. I didn't opt for the Levinson-Lux package and am happy with the stereo as is. Car looks pretty cool with the dark wheels and am happy with white -- great combo.

Meh!

SAC, 03/18/2021
2021 Lexus GX 460 Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I just got the 2021 Lexus GX luxury with the sport package, black with red interior. Previously I had a 2017 Tahoe. I like the look of the Lexus, the grille is not the greatest feature but I don’t have an issue with that. My issue is the technology. Compared to a 2017 Tahoe I feel like I stepped back in time. My first complaint is the lack of Apple CarPlay, the dealership said they could add that aftermarket for $1,600. The navigation sucks, even when I use the live person. The Alexa won’t send the directions to the screen. The “home” screen is never the Home Screen, the car always starts on the navigation screen. The gas mileage is awful plus it takes premium fuel. You would think for a luxury line vehicle it would have state of the art technology. I wanted this car for so long and spent over $70k and I’m so disappointed.

2 out of 5 stars