Used 2000 Lexus GS 400 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used GS 400 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

My best car ever!

Majorleaguer, 08/21/2003

I have owned over 75 cars, including all sorts of other luxury vehicles, sports cars, etc. The GS400 is the best car I have ever owned! It combines style, luxury, room, convenience, and of course performance. By the way, I also own 3 other Lexuses (LS400, IS300, RX330). I have the Platinum Edition and I've done some other things to it, including a full REAL wood dash treatment, strut tower bar, and K&N air filter performance kit -- and all that makes it even better!

Lexus GS 400

Chris, 04/02/2006

Fast, comfortable, and decent gas mileage. The GS 400 is a great car when you compare it to anything else in its class. Especially when it comes to reliability and quality. My previous car was a Benz E-320, and the Lexus blows it away in every category.

Best car ever!

Greg, 04/01/2007

Lexus did a good job with the GS 400. It's everything you can expect in luxury, performance, reliability, and styling. With 300 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque, it's quick off the line. It turns heads and I like how it's big-bodied in the front like cadillacs. There are aftermarket parts to soup this car up if you want a V8 performance sedan! Once you drive a lexus you'll never wanna go back to anthing else!

Lexus GS 400 Hot Rod

Larry Renner, 02/18/2005

I have had this car almost 5 years and it is just as fun to drive and as comfortable as the first day I drove it. Handling and performance wise, it is one of the best in it's category in my opinion. It will stay with or outperform a BMW 540 any day and cost a lot less to maintain. It is almost as much fun to drive as my 2003 Anniversary model Corvette!

Bad in snow...

bms, 02/25/2003

I was very disappointed with the performance of the GS400 after our recent snow fall of 2". The car was loose even is the snow traction feature. It over all is poor in any slick conditions

GS400

Jon Link, 08/09/2005

I have owned several Toyota Supras and this sedan is the next best thing! Great performance and head turning looks in a reliable package add up to an incredible vehicle.

I finally got the dream car

Thespian, 06/02/2003

8 years ago on my honeymoon, we got an upgrade to a 95 GS300. After driving it I knew I would always pine for one of my own. Well, I finally stepped up and bought a used GS400 model and have not stopped grinning since. I live down a long, curvy country road and I look forward to that drive every day. I play with the manual shifting option (wish it would shift more quickly), the POWER option, or economy mode with the VSC feature enabled. I haven't been let down yet. It's a roomy car with very comfortable seats and easy to see gauges and instruments. The steering is slightly loose with a bit of an understeer, but that's what you get with the luxury ride.

19 years & counting

Beth, 03/29/2019
4dr Sedan

Still love this car! Fully loaded, 1 owner, paid sticker in June 2000-bidding war for car & I had first option . 185099 miles to date & still smooth & powerful. Everything still works like new except navigation needs a second update. V8 with manual option for fun-spoiled me forever...

favorite car so far..

2fast4u, 11/23/2019
4dr Sedan

can beat the car while in performance mode. despite the light weight and rear wheel drive, the gs400 handles like a tank while in snow mode making it extremely easy to maneuver the car on the worst of roads. not only does the car stop incredibly fast, it also sticks to the road like glue in the corners. aftermarket suspension could have possibly played a factor in that

Not Happy With Purchase

Gwen, 04/13/2008

I was surprised to find out how many problems I've had out of this car. I've had two Camrys in the past and had minimal problems so I expected the same with the Lexus. I have handling problems. 3 different repair shops have not been able to get the alignment right. I've had recurring windshield wiper problems (they stop working even though motor has been replaced). I've also had recurring brake problems (replacement of pads and calipers). Really expected more stability and reliability out of Lexus.

excellent

excellent, 01/25/2003

For the money this is the best car on the road.

mover

Tom Nale, 11/26/2015

V8 moves out

Lexus GS 400

DJClark, 11/27/2003

Wonderful vehicle. Excellent excelleration, very comfortable, quiet, and 100% reliable. I will buy another one.

Superlative

Viceroy, 09/13/2004

The GS400 is a true automobile. Unlike many "cars" on the road, its capabilites far exceed your expectations. Strong aceleration, nimble cornering capabilty and good stopping power, this luxuary coupe can run with the best sports cars on the road, even today. With its superlative acceleration and shifting, and excellent quite, ride, it is well worth the price. You get what you pay for.

RELIABLE LEXUS