Used 2000 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (37 reviews )

Very dissappointed
By Tom

2000 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I drove a 1998 for work, and it was a great car. Good power! smooth ride! I then bought a 2000 and it was a total lemon. I was very disappointed! The car only had 106,000 miles on it. The check engine light was constantly lit. No matter what repair we tried the check engine light would continue to come on. The gas mileage was awful. I got about 14 MPG. The whole ordeal ended up costing me well over $5000. I would like to get another Lexus someday, but I will be extra cautious.

Unbelievable Value!
By TME

2000 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the Platinum Edition and I couldn't be happier! It is the smoothest and best riding car I have ever owned. The lines are sleek and the 16 inch wheels look awesome. The black leather interior gives it a super luxury look and the Nakamichi system is the icing on the cake. And I almost feel guilty for what I paid even with 184,000 miles this machine still a lot left. Taking my first road with it this weekend and I can't wait!

Straying from European Imports
By Roy

2000 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I am 26 years old and have already owned 15 cars and 9 motorcycles. About half the cars I've owned were domestics, but bought my first & only toyota, or japanese car for that matter, about 5 years ago (like 2013?). It was a 1996 Toyota Celica and was a great car that I bought in a pinch because I wrapped my Mercury Grand Marquis around a telephone pole during a bad ice storm, had barely any money to my name, and needed something that was cheap to purchase, maintain, insure, and operate. It was a phenomenal car for the measly $1000 I paid for it, really fun to drive with the 5MT (had no power but was great in the corners. Kinda like a FWD Miata), and that was it. I bought a 2005 BMW 330XI and sold it. I did look back however and really missed the driving experience that the Toyota gave me, and yes, even over the bimmer. I actually had someone make me an offer on the BMW of about twice what I paid for it one day while pumping gas, and given the fact that I was managing a car dealership at the time, I was under that mentality of "everything is for sale" and of course, sold it that same day. After selling the BMW, I got into volvos and have been in a Volvo for most of the last 4 years. This last october of 2017, I sold my prized possession and to this date, my favorite car I've owned - My ULTRA rare 1998 Volvo S70 T5M (only 363 manual T5 S70's were brought into the states in 1998) in order to buy a truck as I took a job working construction. I've never liked trucks and a couple months ago, received a service truck through my current job and was informed I no longer needed a truck for work. I couldn't wait to get out of the truck and traded it almost immediately for my current car, a 2000 Lexus ES300. I drove many Lexus cars while working the dealership and the one thing that always blew my mind was how it simply didnt matter how many miles these cars had on them, they always look, felt, drove, and even smelled new. 100, 200, 300, even 400k miles couldnt bring these things down. You take what are arguably the most reliable cars on earth (Toyota) and then put EXTRA attention to detail, sparing no expense to build quality. My ES300 has quickly become my 2nd favorite car I've owned (behind the Volvo S70) and I just cannot believe at almost 150k miles, how pristine and perfect the car still is inside and out. Again, EVEN THE SMELL is still there. Sure, it wont win any races and in fact, it's actually rather sluggish, handles alright, stops decent, but boy is it quiet and holy crap does it ride well. The stock stereo sounds great with all sorts of music, everything is easy to figure out and control, I guess the punchline of the car to me is that everything just makes sense. I changed out every single light on the outside of the car, high beams, fogs, HID's and all the rear lights, in about 45min combined with no tutorial or anything. Its a solid, great, reliable daily driver that has aged extremely well. Still looks modern and sleek and sexy even at 18 years old.

An older Lexus but it's been a good one!
By Denise

2000 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Can't complain about my 2000 Lexus. It's been a great investment. It has been in the shop 3 times in it's life. Twice to different dealers to figure out why the check engine light stays on (neither dealership could pick up a reason for this and I still check it to make sure it's not on for some real reason - always no concern). And once for meeting with a deer on a country road. It has had ZERO mechanical issues. All I do is maintenance and even then I let that slide a little longer than it deserves. It has 180k miles and still going strong. The paint is perfect, all the mechanisms work perfect (window motors, sunroof, etc.) the seats are cream colored and shockingly even they are in great shape and don't look abused or dirty. No rips, no tears. That car drives on dirt ranch roads, lots of highway miles too. In it's old age I hear more wind noise than I used to but the road noise is still dampened unless I'm on some really poorly surfaced road. Great value for your money.

My LEXUS LOVE
By Che'ri Kaina

2000 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Lexus Love is a beautiful great running car and great looking car. I'm the 2nd owner, which is a great thing. The man I bought it from was a x marine who well maintained her Lexus Love. I have all the paper work of almost every oil change tune up etc. He took very very good care of her. There is not one dent on the exterior. And the inside is really clean and has been well cared for also. I wash her like 2 times a week wax and shine the inside almost Dailey. Everything is perfect about her. The only one draw back out of the whole entire car is it has factory stereo, and I'm a real music lover. So if I was to keep her. A new DVD kine stereo is a must. That's my preference though. For now I have an adapter, I hook it up to my phone and it sounds LOUD AND SOUNDS GREAT. HAS BOSS SPEAKERS, MAYB THATS Y. AND TOO JUST RECENTLY HAD WINDOWS TINTED. ONLY HAVE HAD CAR SENSE JUNE. SHE REALLY IS A GEM. DOESNT EVEN LOOK LIKE A 2000. MY LEXUS LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL WITH PLENTY ALOHA, MAHALOS,