2001 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Review: Love/Hate Relationship

2001 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Review

Love/Hate Relationship
By wytex on

2001 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the look and image of Land Rovers and Jaguars. The 2001 Range Rover that I purchased has had way too many problems, but it still has an appeal that makes me continue sinking money into to keep it rolling. The styling has a classic appearance that makes it's age irrelevant. I like to fly fish and this vehicle is a perfect match to my bamboo fly rod and Filson vest and waders. Once I reach 200K miles in this vehicle I will likely buy a newer Range Rover and go through the whole love/hate routine again.
--------
Several years have gone by and the Range Rover is still on the road. It is a great off road vehicle and has worked well for our personal interest in Fly Fishing and Snow Skiing. We have given it plenty of chances to get stuck, but it seems to be up for any situation. Reliability is a continuous challenge and the gas mileage is poor. We now have 155,000 miles on the odometer and just got it out of the shop for $1,000.00. We hope to get to 200,000 miles. Engine and transmission still doing well. A Range Rover is not for everyone. Sometimes I wonder why I still enjoy driving it. I guess it's because there is nothing else on the road like it.

• Road holding

• Fuel economy
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review