Used 2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:

Over 230K and still "truckin"
By LR2 Driver

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is an excellent value. Vehicle maneuvers like no other, engine still very strong and does not burn oil. We have had some smaller issues, post warranty expiration totaling $3000 out of pocket spend. No complaints. Car is paid for, and looks and runs super. Would buy another LR2 in a flash.

REAR END ISSUES
By Michelle Davis

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

PLEASE HAVE THE REAR END CHECKED!!! We bought our car at 90,000 miles and needed to replace the rear end. It is common in these vehicles:( After 3,500 dollars it is fixed and we ended up with 8,000 car at 11,500 + . The interior is falling apart also, sun roof leaks. The car is a LEMON and shame on Land Rover for not doing a recall on the rear end.

My First Rover!
By Monebyrd

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

When I went to the dealership in April,I was looking at an X5 but it was a diesel engine and I was nervous about put gas in it by accident. I was very skeptical of this Landie due to the poor reliability reviews. I made sure I was able to check the history of the truck and it was corporate for 9 months then the owner had it for 6.7years was serviced in the here in the Northeast. I bought it with a warranty as well as my mechanic went over it and changed the oil and brakes for me. I have the cold package with heated seats as well as heated windshield. Love how high it sits. The ride is awesome. Not quick as the Beamer but I luv the fact you can go anywhere in Style and safety. The previous owner took very good care of it! was not afraid of the miles. It does burn oil. I had to replace a quart before oil change (synthetic)premium gas.Plan on keeping it for awhile.update 9 months with 121k driver window regulator is going out but the truck is sound. Stay on top of maintenance. I plan on keeping this until the wheels fall off. If you find a well taken care of Rover, you will be fine. Update: 150 k no significant work except oil change. Runs great!!will keep until the wheels fall off!!1/25/18

I really like mine!
By Erik Rooney

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my LR2 for just a couple of weeks. I'm really impressed with the overall quality and craftsmanship. I do my own maintenance so I can't say the repair cost is out of range. I would recommend this to a family member. I'm sure there are better SUV's, but if you don't want to blend into the crowd, I recommend the Land Rover product. I did have to have a pulley repaired. It cost $300. I don't necessarily agree with the engineering. It seems to be over complicated. I still love my Land Rover though. Also my starter failed. The engineer is have it right at the bottom of the motor. It took me about 5 minutes to change.

Fantastic SUV for City or Mountains
By Bill H

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Find a good mechanic. Land Rover parts are pricey. But otherwise, this is an awesome vehicle that looks great, drives great, handles about anything you throw at it... from snowy mountain trails to looking good when handing the keys to a valet!